Greetings from Philly. PA

Jgreenepa

I’m 73 and a long time wet shaver who spent 50+ years single pass shaving with Barbasol and a Schick Krona until it gave up the ghost a few years ago. I bought that that Krona in the PX and shaved with it through 13 months of southeast Asian unpleasantness in ‘68-69.

I discovered from my oldest son, that what I’d been doing is called wet shaving! He introduced me to a number of US shave forums some years ago, and I’ve been hanging out and working on my shave technique in the forums ever since! I was doing some research on the LaResche 77, one of my favorite safety razors, and you guys popped up with some great info.

i can’t shave with straights or shavettes because of Parkinson’s, but I enjoy reading about others’ adventures in that area. After joining B&B and TSD I developed a bad case of RAD and started accumulating safety razors. I own some YAQI products, but am interested in what you guys are up to. I’m married, retired. a grandfather, and soon to be great-grandfather So that’s pretty much all I have to say by way of introduction.

Welcome @Jgreenepa P&C is a wealth of knowledge, surprises me how many times I google a query to be brought back to an early thread on P&C, especially vintage queries.
Do you own a Le Resche 77 or two?

Welcome @Jgreenepa !

Great introduction. I've suffered a little from RAD myself but have calmed down of late, maybe even beaten it. I think it has been six months since my last razor purchase :)

Hope you are staying safe there in Philly. I've never visited there unfortunately, although from memory it has been that backdrop for a few movies/TV shows.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Welcome @Jgreenepa !

Great introduction. I've suffered a little from RAD myself but have calmed down of late, maybe even beaten it. I think it has been six months since my last razor purchase :)

Hope you are staying safe there in Philly. I've never visited there unfortunately, although from memory it has been that backdrop for a few movies/TV shows.

Anyway, welcome aboard.
Thanks, Mark, for the welcome. I love your country! Spent time in Sydney and Melbourne over the years. Also spent some time trout fishing in NZ about the same time. This was about 35 yrs ago, but I still remember the warmth and friendliness of the people I met!

Interested in seeing a picture of the Le Resche if you want to put one up.
I would if I could figure out how to download one off my phone. Your board works differently than the ones in the states I belong to. Is there a way to download a photo directly from my phone?

I would if I could figure out how to download one off my phone. Your board works differently than the ones in the states I belong to. Is there a way to download a photo directly from my phone?
Via imgur or flickr. Bit fiddly on a phone but doable. Someone else might have a better suggestion.

Via imgur or flickr. Bit fiddly on a phone but doable. Someone else might have a better suggestion.
My problem is I don’t feel comfortable putting my photos anywhere but on my phone. At B&B and TSD one can download directly off one’s phone.

Thanks, Mark, for the welcome. I love your country! Spent time in Sydney and Melbourne over the years. Also spent some time trout fishing in NZ about the same time. This was about 35 yrs ago, but I still remember the warmth and friendliness of the people I met!

A trout fisherman - very impressive. I'm not myself but it takes some commitment and skill I believe.

Sydney and Melbourne are both great cities in differnet ways and we do try to make visitors welcome - even Yanks! (that is Aussie humour BTW)

My problem is I don’t feel comfortable putting my photos anywhere but on my phone. At B&B and TSD one can download directly off one’s phone.

Yep, we don't have the number of members or sponsors that the larger boards have and the costs come out of the pocket of our founder, so to minimise costs a decision was made not to host images here. Sorry :(

Welcome to P&C @Jgreenepa - great to have you here (y)

Interested in seeing a picture of the Le Resche if you want to put one up.
Aug 20 2016 paste and cut article with photos from Philoblic.
Sorry I cannot provide link as I do not know how on my phone...am i showing my age or maybe just a Troglodyte.
P.s. what happened to Phil (Philobiblic)?

Last edited:

You never beat any AD's - you might be recovering, but deep down you know, it could be back any time :D