Greetings from the Capital

Wiley

Hi all,

Took up DE shaving about 3 months ago, after 20+ years of misery and expense at the hands of multi blade Cartridges and canned goop. What was once a painful chore has now become a magnificent and relaxing experience.

My starting kit consisted of Edwin Jagger DE8911, Derby blades, Windsor Boar brush and some C&E Moroccan Myrrh. Now I’ve added some more stuff, including Proraso Green, some Catie’s Bubbles samples (The Stray Whisker rocks), Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements I.E aftershave, the Astra SP’s and Voshkods are battling it out for No.1 blade, but my fave new addition would have to be my Semogue 620 Boar brush. It’s wearing in nicely and starting to bloom and soften more and more.

I have a fairly long wishlist for new products, so I guess the notion of saving $$ by ditching carts probably won’t eventuate, but hey, you only go around once so may as well enjoy it!!

Welcome to the fun mate... Great starting line up you've got there, and if you really want RAD to set in (razor acquisition disorder), you can probably contact @Mark1966 for a tour :) He's got one or two razors (I can't find the pic thread, but he may be able to link). He can also run some numbers about how to amortise the spend across a forecasted period to show real savings (though if you've joined here, the period may blow out to 5 life times) lol

Welcome to the fun mate... Great starting line up you've got there, and if you really want RAD to set in (razor acquisition disorder), you can probably contact @Mark1966 for a tour :) He's got one or two razors (I can't find the pic thread, but he may be able to link). He can also run some numbers about how to amortise the spend across a forecasted period to show real savings (though if you've joined here, the period may blow out to 5 life times) lol
"Amortise the spend" "Forecasted Period"...bloody hell, don't tell me I need an Economics degree to survive in this community?? lol
The plan is to get one type of each DE, got the straight bar, need the slant and open comb. But even the best laid plans go awry :sneaky:

Welcome @Wiley - I'm sure you will have a great time here!

"Amortise the spend" "Forecasted Period"...bloody hell, don't tell me I need an Economics degree to survive in this community?? lol
The plan is to get one type of each DE, got the straight bar, need the slant and open comb. But even the best laid plans go awry :sneaky:

It really is an INVESTMENT!

An investment in you face, your future, your mental health, your self confidence, hey, you can even attribute that new job or pay rise to your new interest if you like (let me know if you want me to provide a precis of that argument) and in any event it is now FUN!

Yes, as a few have said I have a reasonable investment myself (pics here - http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/must-be-time-for-updated-collection-pics-230-pics.962/) plus a few brushes and soaps etc

When you say 'one type of each DE' do you really mean one of each type of DE? That sounds like a much more lofty goal!

Oh, welcome BTW :)

Welcome mate.

You're missing the adjustable too. [emoji6]

Then there are single edge, injectors and straight razors too. [emoji12]

And what about materials? Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Brass, Copper, Titanium, Polymer and good old ZAMAC to name some :D

And what about materials? Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Brass, Copper, Titanium, Polymer and good old ZAMAC to name some :D
And plating too!
Silver, Nickel, Gold, Rhodium...

Each type in different materials and different combinations of plating!

(Hmmm, perhaps @Mark1966 doesn't yet have one of each combination...?!?)

"...

Welcome mate.

You're missing the adjustable too. [emoji6]

Then there are single edge, injectors and straight razors too. [emoji12]

And plating too!
Silver, Nickel, Gold, Rhodium...

Each type in different materials and different combinations of plating!

See, we are SOOOOOO helpful around here ..

(Hmmm, perhaps @Mark1966 doesn't yet have one of each combination...?!?)

Let me think

SE - tick
Injector - tick
DE - tick
straight - tick
Stainless Steel- tick
Aluminium - tick
Brass - tick
Copper - tick
Titanium -
Polymer - tick
ZAMAK - tick