Greetings from the cold north.

Alba65

Evening folks.

Third sales thread on Google i've followed thats led me to your BST page, so after a quick look about your fine forum i thought it only polite to join and say hello.

Scotsman in Oslo Norway, so i wasn't kidding when i said North. Cold was a slight exaggeration..... today anyway, who would have guessed Oslo in December could be warmer than Edinburgh in June?

Been "traditional" shaving the past 3 years or so, have a few modern DE/SE in the den along with a few straights and a Kamasori...... meaning i also dabble in the black art that is honing. Biggest interest is in Gillettes, especially the TTO's....... and more recently again, the Aristocrats.

Might not post a lot, but will no doubt be lurking in the background. Hope you all have a great Xmas and a stonking Hogmany.

Last edited:
I favour badger brushes @nsavage, just didn't get on with synths. Just recently got my hands on one of PantaRei's mixed black badger & boar knots which turned out to be an excellent option, if you like backbone and a bit of scritch. Most used brush is a HMW stubby made by Cadman in the UK, most luxurious is probably my 30mm Manchurian, again from PantaRei.

Favourite soap maker is LPL, but i also have a good few from The Shaving shop, he has some great scented soaps being made for him at the moment. My Top 3 would probably be Springtime in Paris from Shave shop, HTGAM Chocolate bourbon and PAA Deja Fougere. Forever changing though (y)

G'Day Alba and welcome to the fold - I have to say I like the cut of your jib and, I think that you'll fit in quite well here.
Hang on and enjoy the ride

I favour badger brushes @nsavage, just didn't get on with synths. Just recently got my hands on one of PantaRei's mixed black badger & boar knots which turned out to be an excellent option, if you like backbone and a bit of scritch. Most used brush is a HMW stubby made by Cadman in the UK, most luxurious is probably my 30mm Manchurian, again from PantaRei.

Favourite soap maker is LPL, but i also have a good few from The Shaving shop, he has some great scented soaps being made for him at the moment. My Top 3 would probably be Springtime in Paris from Shave shop, HTGAM Chocolate bourbon and PAA Deja Fougere. Forever changing though (y)
Sounds like you have good taste mate, you will fit in extremely well around here!

Cheers guys (y)

Started back using the DE's as a bit of nostalgia, old enough to say i actually started shaving using a pass-me-down super adjustable, a half worn Wilkinson brush, and sharing my old mans jug of Old spice soap and aftershave. Things have certainly moved on since those days and some think it;s getting out of hand, others say it already has :whistle:

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Would certainly seems so @Batch300, last 3 xmas's here in the south have been without snow and on the + side of the thermometer. +5*C and rain today, not a patch of snow to be seen. Winter was from late Nov to mid March when i first came here 25 years ago.

C'mon the Bhoys. As soon as I saw "Alba65", I knew we had another of God's finest! Questions without notice:
1. Whar wur ye frae originally Jimmy?
2. Do you, by any chance, also belong to 3Ts website? If you do, you'll know the website name.

Jim (formerly Saltcoats)

EDIT: Ignore Questions. I'm just an eejit!!

Celtic or Rangers?

ALWAYS the first question asked of a Scot. In Scotland, you're asked if you "kick wi' the right or left foot"; left being a Protestant supporter of Rangers and right being a Catholic supporter of Celtic. Thankfully, by & large, we in Australia, are not lumbered with bigotry.

Hi mate!

How you find a WARM welcome here :)

Welcome to P&C @Alba65 - I'm sure you will have a great time here (y)

C'mon the Bhoys. As soon as I saw "Alba65", I knew we had another of God's finest! Questions without notice:
1. Whar wur ye frae originally Jimmy?
2. Do you, by any chance, also belong to 3Ts website? If you do, you'll know the website name.

Jim (formerly Saltcoats)

EDIT: Ignore Questions. I'm just an eejit!!

Isn't the eejit part implied by saying you're from Saltcoats Jim :LOL:. Not heard of the 3Ts website, but it has me intrigued now so will google it....... is it work-safe :whistle:

It was one of your posts that brought me here if i remember right, was following a google thread that caught your sales post for a Gillette #66.

G'Day and Welcome @Alba65 Very friendly bunch in here and there's a few of us Scotsman in here too ;)
Cheers
Tony

Cheers Tony.
Yeah, brits seem to be fleeing the Island at an alarming rate. I know a few who have headed down under to Oz/NZ in recent years, and the Scottish Society here in Norway is ever growing...... even has its own pipe band now for the burns nights etc