Greetings..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint

Hi there

Name is Clint, i'm from Melbourne. I've been DE shaving for quite a while so have a pretty good idea of what i'm doing there. I have however more recently gone vegan so will be keen to hear of any vegan friendly soaps that might actually be able to build a nice lather as most I've tried have been utter rubbish so far.

Also have a Chubby 2 and maybe a couple of other bits i'll be looking to offload after my change.

-Clint.

Welcome Clint a great group here
There's a quite a few Vegan soap makers
Shaver Heaven (OZ made and great)
phoenix artisan accoutrements
Gingers Garden
Van Yulay
to just name a few, my more learned members will be able to help you out with more

Hi Clint and welcome to Paste & Cut.

If it's a vegan soap you are looking for then look no further than Shaver Heaven soaps. Excellent quality and comes in a nice range of scents. Many others, particulary from Europe that I love but Shaver Heaven is a great start.

Enjoy your stay.

Hi and welcome, I agree with the previous members that you cannot go wrong with Shaver Heaven. Others to look at also are Soap Commander or Caties Bubbles from the USA. I am sure there will be many more suggestions to follow.

Hello and welcome @Clint

Plenty of great advice so far. [emoji106]

Sounds great.

Was just having a look in a synthetic brush thread too for a nicer one, some good info around.

Cheers.
Plenty of options for synthetic brushes these days- price, size and style all have great choices.

If you like the Chubby (using a huge brush!) then you'd love the Stirling "Kong". (@alfredus can comment on his.) Several other large synthetic brushes exist as well. Happy days.

Hi mate

Ditto what others have said.

Plenty of good synthetic brushes around now - what is your razor of choice ?

My usual go to is the Merkur Futur, which seems to be pretty versatile, good for me because I've only got a couple of razors. Only thing I don't like about it is it gets a bit slippy on occasion!
I wouldn't mind trying a slant next I think.

Just bought a couple of soaps from Shaver Heaven so will see how they go!

Welcome to the insanity, hope your stay is long and mutually fruitful.
Occams produce what I believe is a vegan soap as well and are Aussie based too.

Welcome mate, commend your vegan choice. Good man!.

Non-animal fibres have come some way - some here prefer the Plisson but others (such as myself) like the STFII.

Soaps without tallow are no issue - difficulty comes if you want to avoid palm. Trust me!!!! Even if there's no Palm Oil, you can bet the stearic is probably palm-derived (and very, very hard to tell from the ingredients if it doesn't).

Hence you should buy from artisans who purchase sustainable palm oil, if you feel that way inclined.

Another choice not mentioned yet in Vegan Circles is the Soap Commander range. Definitely worth a look.

Welsome, second on stillshunter.
Plisson and Muhle's STF2 seem to be the two most popular synths around here. I myself use a STF2 brush, but their recent price hike due to the weak AUD might make the barrier of entry a little too steep. You also have the option of picking up the Razorock Plissoft brush for $20USD shipped, they apparently have the same hairs as the Plisson but with a bigger knot, better backbone and a beefier handle which might just be your thing considering your familiarity with the chubby 2.

Welcome @Clint - another Australia artisan vegan soap choice besides the brilliant Shaverheaven and Occams would be Otoko Organics.

The Stirling Kong is indeed a great synthetic brush if you like large, there is also Whipped Dog, if you want a bit smaller but not Plisson small.

One more hint - you should like other posts as well to get full posting rights here...

Thanks for all the advice/tips and welcomes.

I couldn't find anywhere where it said what I needed to do to so I could sell/give away some stuff either?

I couldn't find anywhere where it said what I needed to do to so I could sell/give away some stuff either?
Once you can post elsewhere then you can post a Buy/Sell/Trade or Wanted To Buy in the appropriate thread.

If you've liked a few posts then you ought to be good to go by now...

Status
Not open for further replies.