Head shaving

shaver_joe

Hi all,
As you all know I'm new to all this and was after a bit of guidence I recieve my wet shaving kit tomorrow (can't wait to unbox it and show it off to you guys). Are DE razors good to shave your head also or is their something else you guys recommend in using?

Hi all,
As you all know I'm new to all this and was after a bit of guidence I recieve my wet shaving kit tomorrow (can't wait to unbox it and show it off to you guys).
Awesome! Do let us know what you decided and got. [emoji106]

Are DE razors good to shave your head also or is their something else you guys recommend in using?
Yes.
I'm not a head shaver (I'm yet to jump in) but from those I know who do they use either an efficient DE or a SE (single edge). But using an SE requires great care so I wouldn't recommend starting with it.
Any DE should do the trick but just remember to keep the right angle and don't overdo it. In time you might prefer a different DE (higher efficiency, comfort etc).
Watch a few videos as mentioned above to get an idea of the best approach. I recall that someone posted about head shaving here one time but don't have a link to the post.

I clip my own hair with a Wahl and do the tidying up on the neck with a DE. All by feel, using mirror confuses my brain. So when you're comfortable with a DE, it's easily enough done. But you will burn through blades faster than most, as you're making it do a lot more work.