Hello from Belgium

First time last year with my wife - who had been there the previous year for work and wanted me to see Grand Place. Of course while there ...

... I took your advice -

In fact it seems you have LOTS of beers -

As it happens I'm back into Belgium briefly in April with my wife and teenage kids for a holiday too :)
Good choice. Next time try "Duvel" , dutch for Devil. Pour it in an icecold glass (or better get it poured for you)
Any plans to visit cities while you are here?

Good choice. Next time try "Duvel" , dutch for Devil. Pour it in an icecold glass (or better get it poured for you)
Any plans to visit cities while you are here?

Not exactly my choice - I asked for a recommendation :)

This whole trip is really based around our kids desires - so short and tourist orientated.

Eurostar to Brussels - afternoon and evening there. Flanders Fields and Menin Gate tour the next day. Following morning on the Thalys to Paris.

I might have to track down a Duvel though ... ;)

Not exactly my choice - I asked for a recommendation :)

This whole trip is really based around our kids desires - so short and tourist orientated.

Eurostar to Brussels - afternoon and evening there. Flanders Fields and Menin Gate tour the next day. Following morning on the Thalys to Paris.

I might have to track down a Duvel though ... ;)

Very nice trip especially Flanders fields. Your kids should love it and hopefully learn something from it.

Easy to track down a Duvel... they have it almost everywhere ;-)

Welcome @guy1307
Arrr Belgium... the home of the venerable Eddy Merckx. Oh how I long to visit Europe on my Merckx Corsa Extra and ride some cobbles and cols.

Hey mate, trusting that you and yours are safe after the events last night (our time).

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your fellow countrymen at this time.