Hello from Melbourne's SE burbs...

DavidS

Hey All,

I just ran into this forum searching for some information, as I'm interested in possibly shaving with a straight razor...

I'm an engineer sort from Boston, moved down to this part of the world back in '95 via Auckland, and have moved back to Melbourne about a year ago after a six year stint working in Bangkok...

I've started wet shaving about a year ago after 40 or so years using cartridges, and I find it very relaxing.

Razor(s): Merkur Futur, Ikon Slant DLC, Feather AS-D2, still waiting on the Rockwell model T that seems to be taking forever (sheeesh)
Blades (Currently using): Feather
Brush: Trumper SB4
Cream/Soap: Prorasso Green or Somerset's shave oil

Welcome!
I hear you about the model T, I'm hoping one day Rockwell will run a kickstarter where things go roughly as planned, roughly on schedule and don't try and zinc alloy nonsense.. anyway welcome to P&C

Welcome @DavidS !

Some nice kit there, and I'm with you on the Model T.

Q: What is worse than waiting on a Model T?
A: Waiting on two

(I invested in one for me and one for my son - it being at the time the only best option for a modern adjustable - before all the others appeared ...)

Happy shaving mate :)

Welcome @DavidS !
Q: What is worse than waiting on a Model T?
A: Waiting on two

Arrrggghh, that's too bad... About 3 months after I ordered, they got me for an extra $20+ for the stand that hasn't arrived either... I'm feeling like a right sucker!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome... Looking forward to reading experiences here :)

Welcome to P&C @DavidS - great to have you here (y)

Welcome aboard @DavidS - plenty of people (myself included) happy to get you started on the "straight" path so to speak :sneaky: