Hello from Mount Torrens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Decided to join after meeting a few guys for coffee to chat about straight razor shaving. I've been a pretty regular poster at Straight Razor Place since 2011 where I'm a mentor, however, even though I have a fair amount of experience I only have my OWN experience and stick to what works for me. Not sure really how much my life will allow me to fit in yet another forum; these days rock climbing (bouldering, lead climbing) takes up most of my free time :)

Welcome mate!

Nice to have you pop in - although I'm feeling a little threatened by all these guys waving their straights around.

Give me a nice safety razor any time!

Oh I also use two DEs and an SE. My favorite of those is the old Gillette 3 piece open comb but I've been using the SE a bit. The other is a closed comb Muhle.

Ahh, so a man of BALANCE and WISDOM! :)

Doubly welcome now.

Welcome @carlmaloschneider hope you enjoy your time here. What are your favourite soaps/creams and aftershaves?

Hmmm. I like almost everything I've tried. I like T&H Trafalgar cream and AS, I like Musgo Real Classic cream and also the Orange Amber variant. I liked Mike's Natural soap and Madame Scodioli 'Step Right Up' AS and soap. I liked O'Mellhor cream, La Toja, C O Bigalow... Like Pinaud Clubman AS too....

Currently I'm using mainly Wahl Traditional Barber's cream and Wahl Bay Rum AS. Dominica is probably my favorite bay rum AS.

As I said I like almost everything I've tried. Generally I like very strong scents; overpowering even :)

Hey there CMS - welcome to P&C. So you like rocks huh? For climbing over or using to sharpen razors? [emoji4]

Hi everyone. Decided to join after meeting a few guys for coffee to chat about straight razor shaving. I've been a pretty regular poster at Straight Razor Place since 2011 where I'm a mentor, however, even though I have a fair amount of experience I only have my OWN experience and stick to what works for me. Not sure really how much my life will allow me to fit in yet another forum; these days rock climbing (bouldering, lead climbing) takes up most of my free time :)
Welcome @carlmaloschneider

Welcome aboard Carl. Great to have a few more straight shavers on here to balance out all the DE dogmatics.

...your climbing skills might prove handy when the enabling types on here put you between a rock and a hard place.

Welcome to the insanity.
Hope your stay is long and mutually fruitful.

Is there any product you do not like ?
Have you tried Col Conk, Omega, Semogue, Crabtree & Evelyn or Semogue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.