Hello from Sydney...

Snooze

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Hi Gents,

Greetings from Sydney...

I've been wet shaving for over 30 years (using the dreaded can and plastic carts) but discovered PROPER wet shaving almost 3 years ago – started off with Proraso Red, a badger brush and a Merkur Futur on setting 1 after watching a few Youtube videos ... – I was hooked!!

My RAD has really taken off over the last 2 years and Ive accumulated a range of Vintage Gillettes and have recently discovered vintage SE razors – love the GEM 1912.

My fav soaps are B&M (Lavanille and Cheshire) and the Stray Whisker balm. I am a massive Bay Rum fan and have a few aftershave versions from Pinaud VIBR, Ogalla and Captains Choice. Also really love the Myrsol range – still waiting to try the Plastic and Blue versions, and love my menthol hit in the warmer months – Floid Vigaroso and Fine Snake Bite. Have tried a few blades before settling on Feathers and Permasharps as my go-to blades. Have a Semogue boar brush and a vintage Gibbs synthetic which is great for travelling – dries fast!

I guess I love the whole shaving Zen thing and the concept of turning what was a “chore” to be completed ASAP into an interesting and pleasurable sensory experience that I now look forward to each day! So many variables and so many combinations to try...should keep me busy for a lifetime.

I've learned to never say never – I thought the vintage SE razors looked ridiculous but once I tried them I realised they were freakin awesome instruments!! Im looking at moving to the Dark Side of Straights...when I summon up the courage!

Anyway...sorry to ramble on...looking forward to learning more from everyone here!!

Cheers
Snooze

Welcome @Snooze - you have some great gear and I'm sure you will have a great time here (y)

Hey, welcome @Snooze - a familiar journey which you have done very well!

Thanks guys - as soon as I work out how to post pics I will do!

You had me at Lavanille... I mean, welcome :)
Thanks @Korbz ! Gotta love the Lavanille -- smells verrry similar to Pinauds Special Reserve...just a bit stronger. Fantastic scent though!

t2807.gif
G'day @Snooze welcome to P&C

What a fantastic first post! Welcome to the forums.

I am so glad you discovered traditional wet shaving and have seen the light, by the looks and sounds of it you have really dived into it head first and I like it.
I love the way you have integrated something of your grandfathers, it makes it all the more special I think and bridges the old generation with the new.

Welcome to the forum @Snooze, it's great to have another Sydney member join the forum. That's a fantastic collection of razor's you have, you will be highly popular around here with those without any doubt!

G'Day and welcome to the insanity, Snooze - I don't see any 'real' razors in your collection.....hehehehehehe
Actually, it looks fantastic - hang on and enjoy the ride

Im looking at moving to the Dark Side of Straights...when I summon up the courage!

Welcome, @Snooze.

I reckon that once you try a straight, you will discover that they may even be more forgiving than your standard DE. I jumped directly from cartridge to straight, and haven't cut my head off yet... and I suffer from coffee jitters!