Hello from the Hunter Valley.

Trisbert

I'm in my sixties and I have always been a wet shaver. Taught myself to shave at boarding school with an aluminum tech which I used until it couldn't remove my stubble any more. These days I usually use a straight unless I'm in a hurry, then I use a DE.

I've been a member at BB for several years, now I'm looking for an Aussie focused forum.

New accounts don't have permission to post all over the board as a spam mitigation measure. Time, use of the forums & features will unlock the permission. Read your account approval email.

G'day @Trisbert and welcome to a place where we are DownUnder but the website is (hosted) in YankeeLand.

Congratulations on always being a wet shaver... Only respect from me. [emoji106]

You must have a ton of gear so best post a list and some pics* for us. Especially the str8s...

(*Piccies need to be uploaded to another website or service eg Flickr, DropBox, PhotoBucket, Imgur and simply add the URL code to your post. Too easy.)

You must have a ton of gear so best post a list and some pics*

I will do the pics when I work out how, first things first though I will have to take a few photos :)

My straight rotation includes:

Beau Brummel No 35
Wald Solingen 3083
Dr Ballfanze
Flic Favourite
Puma 21 and
Iwasaki 90

They all shave well but the Wald the Flic and the Iwasaki get the most use. I have a few more that I have not used yet.

Regards from Robert

Welcome to the insanity.
Hope your stay is long and fruitful.
There are unofficial rules btw, yet you will pick them up along the way :)
One being the use of smileys in all posts made is a requisite, albeit, some senior members refuse, so suffer for their indignant actions.

Welcome Trisbert, the straight shavers are getting traction here! Excellent to see. Where do you get your razors honed? I have used Oz who is very good, but would highly recommend Mark here too.
Actually now I write this I realise you probably do your own!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Welcome Trisbert, the straight shavers are getting traction here! Excellent to see. Where do you get your razors honed? I have used Oz who is very good, but would highly recommend Mark here too.
Actually now I write this I realise you probably do your own!

Straight shavers getting traction here is one of my motivations for joining here. And yes I hone my own. I have a set of Naniwa super stones in 1, 5, 8 and 12k. I also have a bunch of naturals from the UK, France, Germany and America.

Hmm, reading what I just wrote makes me realise how internation this wet shaving is. Today's shave used a razor from Japan, Brush from the UK and soap from Italy.

So how international was your shave?

Welcome mate - despite being one of those old fashioned straight shavers. When will you guys learn that DE is better - just ask Gillette - you can trust them ...

My shave was English brush and blade, U.S. razor, soap and aftershave and English cologne - all on an Aussie face!

Welcome. My last shave was German razor, UK brush, USA soap and Indian Alum.

just ask Gillette - you can trust them

Actually I don't think Gillette have come up with anything groundbreaking since the long comb new, except for their after shave creme which is an excellent sunscreen as well as a pretty good after shave.

For the international aspect we products from the UK, Japan, Italy. US, India. I'm surprised that no one is using blades from Russia.

For the international aspect we products from the UK, Japan, Italy. US, India. I'm surprised that no one is using blades from Russia.
Lots of blades from Russia being used here. In fact, a lot of blades are produced in the Russian factory in Petersburg.

I have 2,000 of these in my stash.

eBayBlades_1_3.png

Definitely made in Russia - PPI St Petersburg.

They also make Silver Blues, the PermaSharp Supers and the Astras, 7OC Blues, 7OC Yellows and a number of other blades.

Theres also a number of members who like the Mostochlegmash factory in Moscow. These include Voskhod (translates to 'Sunrise') , Rapira, Rapira Platinum Lux, Rapira Swedish Supersteel & Ladas blades. I also have a pack of blades made by them called 'Sputnik'.

Did I just hear Russian blades? Voskhods are my favourite blades - have ~500, thinking of getting another 1000 :D