Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRC32

G'day all,

CRC32 here. I found out about P&C from the "Classic Shaving" thread on Whirlpool and thought I'd come over and take a look. I've been DE shaving for about 2 months and have been stalking these forums for about the same length of time. :)

Hello @CRC32 and welcome to Paste & Cut. Congrats on your transition to DE shaving. I too started this caper after stumbling on that Whirlpool thread.

Enjoy your stay mate.

Welcome mate. Glad to have you here!

What's your current razor, brush, soap and blade of choice?

Greetings OP.
Hipe your stay is long and mutually fruitful :)

Welcome @CRC32 - great to have you here!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

I'm currently in Pimlico. So not really close to 1300 Smiles. I wouldn't call myself a Townsvillian - I've only been here for a few years after about 12 years in Cairns.

I've started out with one of the Mensbiz kits and have supplemented it with some Proraso stuff - red and green creams, pre-shave and after shave. I got some Trumper sandalwood with the kit and I quite like it but the Proraso green has become my go to. I've been working through the blades in the sample pack and quickly worked out that the Merkur and Derby blades are not for me. I can get a decent shave from most of the other blades in the pack but I think the Astras are my favourite. I swapped out the brush in the kit for a Jack Black Synthetic and it's been working well for me.

I'd like to get into some vintage DE razors but haven't decided what to start with yet.

Where in Cairns were you? I lived down that way for a few years.

I'd like to get into some vintage DE razors but haven't decided what to start with yet.
For an first introduction and safe bet, try either a Gillette Superspeed/Rocket or Gillette NEW long comb. Both are readily available, easy to acquire and cheap.

Ask in the Want to Buy (WTB) section as there may be some members willing to sell you one.

(@eggbert may have had a razor or two he was selling recently...)

Thanks for the suggestion. It's hard to know where to get started. :)
Yeah, it's a large ocean but you'll quickly dive in and feel at home... [emoji6]

Other suggestions will come but with most of the old Gillette's you can't go wrong. Even the Tech razor (a very common 3 piece razor) will give a great shave with a sharp blade (like a Polsilver or Feather). You'll find that different blades may pair better with different razors.

Status
Not open for further replies.