Hello

David7307

Just to say hi from a Tassie , been D/E shaving for about a 6 months , own a Gillette Blue tip which i find rather non aggressive now , have a omega proraso shaving brush, and using the proraso green , one and only soap i have used ,but getting ready to use something different but have not made up my mind , any hints would be great,

Welcome to Paste & Cut, @David7307 . Great to have you join us. Tassie is a nice part of the world.

Nice little kit you have got there. The Blue tip is probably the mildest razor that Gillette made back way then. What blades do you use?

Shaver Heaven soap is a good starting point. Made here in Australia. Easy to lather. Comes in many scents so there will be one or more that will interest you. Other options will pop up as you read through our posts, particularly the Shave of the Day (SOTD) thread.

Enjoy your stay.

I have been trying several kinds of blades feather was my first then shark ,astra which i like the most ,derby which i was given and not that keen on them, but will use them up, was going to try some Gillette 7 oclocks at some stage

Hi @David7307 !

Welcome to Paste & Cut :)

As LaP mentioned the Blue Tip was the mildest of the Gillette Super Speeds - the regular flare tip is in the middle and the Red Tip the most aggressive - but still not really aggro like some razors. Keep your eyes open and you will find another razor to try.

In the meantime soap wise the Shaver Heaven that LaP mentioned are great soap BUT there is also a thread here in our B/S/T where another member is selling some Wickhams for $20 posted - a VERY good price. You can check it our here - FS: Simpsons Tulip 1 and Wickhams Sheridan

Happy shaving!

Hello @David7307 and welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here. As others have said check out shaver heaven website and find a soap or two you like the scent of and get them (as someone that has a lot of soap,they are up at the very top of soaps available and they are local).

G'day David7307,

Welcome to the paste & cut Wet Shaving fan club and make sure you try out the Shaver Heaven Aussie made shaving soaps, and you might want to skip proraso green for awhile because I've read great review about Shaver Heaven shaving soaps.

Hi there @David7307 and welcome. It's great to have some more Taswegians join in. I recall someone a few months back sharing the news of their spoils they found in an antique store on the Apple Isle.

Plenty of soaps to choose from - already some great suggestions so far.

Do you use anything for you skin post-shave? Alum or witch hazel? Aftershave splash? Aftershave balm?

Welcome @David7307 - glad to have you on board and really hope you will enjoy your journey!

As other have already mentioned, @Anthony from Shaver Heaven produces some great soaps and is highly regarded around here!

Welcome to the insanity.
Hope your stay is long and mutually fruitful :)