Hello

gabba32

Grand Society
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Hello, I'm Glenn I live in WA and am new to the DE world. Still waiting for my Merkur 34c, proraso green cream, pre-shave and after shave, boar brush and sample blades to arrive in post (forgot to check express post box). In the meantime I purchased a shave kit of soap, boar brush and moisturizer from big W, I've also ordered other products and received some like rapira, voskhod, ladas and super-max blade sampler, Wolfpac Alpha Male shaving soap, Col Conk tea tree & eucalyptus cream, TSW alum block, and quite a few other things are on there way. I've been practicing my lathering with Palmolive cream I got from woolies, just can't wait for my razor to arrive.

Last edited:
Welcome to P & C @gabba32.

Sounds like you have an epic mail call coming!

The guys around here are full of knowledge if you got any questions. I have picked up a lot from the people around here.

Look forward to your first Shave Of The Day post

We will have you on vintage blades and artisan soaps in no time. Nice work of the Wolfpac too.

We will have you on vintage blades and artisan soaps in no time. Nice work of the Wolfpac too.
You're probably right, I've got Spearmint Lavender Vetiver Shaving Soap from Whispers From The Forest on it's way and some samples from PAA coming too. Apparently Wolfpac have closed down, would be a pity gets good reviews that I have seen.

Welcome to P&C @gabba32.
Welcome to P & C @gabba32.

Sounds like you have an epic mail call coming!

The guys around here are full of knowledge if you got any questions. I have picked up a lot from the people around here.

Look forward to your first Shave Of The Day post
Yeah mate an epic savings reduction too Lol, I'm looking forward to having a crack because as it is I don't like shaving much at all, but have always wanted to enjoy it because I like been clean shaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome mate!

You're probably right, I've got Spearmint Lavender Vetiver Shaving Soap from Whispers From The Forest on it's way and some samples from PAA coming too. Apparently Wolfpac have closed down, would be a pity gets good reviews that I have seen.
Yes, the Wolfpac is solid stuff. Bit of a shame he has called it quits but it is a tough gig in AU due to costs and the like. There's plenty of other local soapmakers who fill the void very well and participate here:
  • Australian Private Reserve: @todras crafts the scents and Aftershave, @nsavage makes the 'F2' soap base;
  • Shaver Heaven: @Anthony is a great guy guy and has started back making his highly regarded vegan base in Melbourne after a hiatus making plenty of members happy;
  • Squadron Soaps: powered by @SchoolForAnts in Adelaide - very good stuff and worth your hard earned;
  • Abbie & Grace Soapworks: @Sxot is NQLD based and is making simply scented shave soaps that perform great (and was the APR F1 base). The value for price/performance with A&G is mind blowing.
Honestly, I cannot remember when I last bought a soap from an overseas company or artisan because we are that spoilt for choice now from our local guys. We have a number of good stores locally like The Stray Whisker, Mensbiz and others, and a few friendly ones overseas that participate here too.

Once you have been here a while you will see some more of the BST section, we have a couple of members who have some awesome hobbies who do a bit extra and sell on the forum like some really excellent coffee. It's a good place to be.

Last edited:
Yes, the Wolfpac is solid stuff. Bit of a shame he has called it quits but it is a tough gig in AU due to costs and the like. There's plenty of other local soapmakers who fill the void very well and participate here:
  • Australian Private Reserve: @todras crafts the scents and Aftershave, @nsavage makes the 'F2' soap base;
  • Shaver Heaven: @Anthony is a great guy guy and has started back making his highly regarded vegan base in Melbourne after a hiatus making plenty of members happy;
  • Squadron Soaps: powered by @SchoolForAnts in Adelaide - very good stuff and worth your hard earned;
  • Abbie & Grace Soapworks: @Sxot is NQLD based and is making simply scented shave soaps that perform great (and was the APR F1 base). The value for price/performance with A&G is mind blowing.
Honestly, I cannot remember when I last bought a soap from an overseas company or artisan because we are that spoilt for choice now from our local guys. We have a number of good stores locally like The Stray Whisker, Mensbiz and others, and a few friendly ones overseas that participate here too.

Once you have been here a while you will see some more of the BST section, we have a couple of members who have some awesome hobbies who do a bit extra and sell on the forum like some really excellent coffee. It's a good place to be.
Thanks mate, I want to try and support AUS companies.

Welcome @gabba32 .

I've been practicing my lathering with Palmolive cream I got from woolies, just can't wait for my razor to arrive.
It would be a good idea to apply to your face or back of your hand (if you're not already) to see how it feels and adjust water. Different soaps will require different amounts of water to match a consistency you like.

Welcome to P&C @gabba32 - great to have you here (y)

Welcome @gabba32 .

It would be a good idea to apply to your face or back of your hand (if you're not already) to see how it feels and adjust water. Different soaps will require different amounts of water to match a consistency you like.
Yes I have been bowl lathering+applying to face or forearm, also done some hand lathering which seems to give great feedback, I've been watching lots of lathering vids as well. Tried face lather but got heaps of irritation, tried just brush on face and got irritation also did a few swirls on forearm and got irritation, palm is fine, makes me think that boar is not for me. I've also lathered up some of Col Conk Tea Tree & Eucalyptus.