Hi All!

Arnold J Rimmer

2017 Sabbatical Fail
Artisan Producer
Hi everyone,

Straight razor user here.

My blade of choice is a Wester Brothers vintage blue manganese steel 5/8" straight razor. I was going to try a cheap eBay jobbie, but I couldn't get past the thought of massive scarring!

I'll try to get an image or 2 up when I can.

Currently using a Chinese badger hair brush, with Proraso White pre-shave, and either Colonel Conk's, Proraso Green or Mitchell's Wool Fat soap.

Aftershaves of choice are St John's Bay Rum or St John's Caribbean Lime.

Last edited:
Welcome mate!

I love the St John's products - how did you get them into Australia? I have samples year ago and have not seen them since.

You came just in time for a great B&M group buy too!

Welcome on-board sir

latest

Thanks, it's good to be aboard. Of course, I'm more used to the wonderful accommodations aboard the small rouge one, but this will do nicely.

Please have the boy fetch my bags.

Welcome to the friendly enablers forum :)

Hi Mark1966.

Thanks for pointing me here btw...

Re: St Johns. I simply bought them directly from them. They turned up about a week later, via USPS.

Really!

Interesting ....

Nice looking set up. Welcome and make yourself feel at home.

You definitely need some Barrister & Mann soaps if ole Conk, Proraso and The Fat are your line up. A mixed bag indeed but you must try some quality artisan soap. You can't go wrong with B&M. If you like the Bay Rum, try the Bay Rum but the scents are all excellent.

Hello and welcome Rimmer. Just hoping that you'll persist with the minimalist shaving routine. Don't give in to temptation brother. I'm thinking of creating a little club here where people not tempted in to purchasing enough different soaps, blades, brushes to last them two lifetimes, can hang out and discuss things in comfort without the brawling "look at what I've got now" playground antics that smother every other thread here. I'm thinking of calling it SLAP (Shave Like Amish People). Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the words.

I have opted in on the current group buy, for a couple of pucks. Other than that, I want to run through the ones that I currently have.

Colonel Conk's Bay Rum is finished, and I am mostly through the C/C Lime one. That leaves the Mitchell's Wool Fat, and then nothing.

I'm happy with minimal supplies, as I can only use one at a time. That, and my allocated space in the large bathroom is down to a small basket of shave gear.

Thanks for the words.

I have opted in on the current group buy, for a couple of pucks. Other than that, I want to run through the ones that I currently have.

Colonel Conk's Bay Rum is finished, and I am mostly through the C/C Lime one. That leaves the Mitchell's Wool Fat, and then nothing.

I'm happy with minimal supplies, as I can only use one at a time. That, and my allocated space in the large bathroom is down to a small basket of shave gear.
Good choice to jump aboard with the B&M soaps. They'll be a definite change from Conk and the others.

Seems like you're going to be inducted as a member of the SLAP group. [emoji106]Congratulations! You're in esteemed company alongside @Drubbing @Pjtor and... Anyone else?