Hi Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco_SV

New to this forum, but not to wetshaving, even though I'm still much more on the learning side...

My favourite setup consists of a Ern Sword Straightrazor, a Semogue 1305 Brush and (usually) hard triple milled soaps (I own several).

Thank you for accepting me on this board and good shaves to you all,
Marco

Hello and welcome @Marco_SV ! Lovely to have you join us on the other side of the world. [emoji4]

Do you have a favourite aftershave?

Also, what triple milled soaps do you recommend?

Hi @filobiblic and thank you for your personal welcome.
I don't have a favourite aftershave, but anyway I'm a balm type for sure.

There are many great products here in Italy, and my favourite triple milled is Manna di Sicilia from Saponificio Varesino... btw my den is still a very small one! And my opinion might be a little biased...

What about your favourite soap? I'm curious to know which ones are the top shelf on the other side of the earth!

There are many great products here in Italy, and my favourite triple milled is Manna di Sicilia from Saponificio Varesino... btw my den is still a very small one! And my opinion might be a little biased...
What a beautiful soap! I've heard a lot about it and finally got a small sample. I'm yet to try it but may just have to tomorrow. [emoji6]

The SV 70th Anniversary soap is quite popular currently and a few of the lads down here have some.

What about your favourite soap? I'm curious to know which ones are the top shelf on the other side of the earth!
A favourite soap is so hard to choose! I'm afraid my soap collection is an embarrassment of riches... [emoji15]

I enjoy our local Shaver Heaven soaps made by @Anthony. But also enjoy Barrister & Mann soaps, Jabonman soaps and Caties Bubbles soaps. All would be considered softer soaps and made in small batches by individuals rather than companies. I have few triple milled soaps but rate them highly indeed.

Your mention of SV soap may lead to a shipment from Italy to Australia very soon! [emoji6]

Where do you usually buy? From online stores or physical shops?
In Australia we have a small population spread across a large land area. Even though most people are clustered in cities along the coast, we don't have very many physical stores that sell shaving products. So we have to buy online. There are a limited few local Australian online stores, so we would buy from overseas stores online. Stores such as Maggard (USA), Shave Revolution (USA), Italian Barber (Canada), Gifts & Care (Spain) and Connaughts/Shaving.ie (UK). We would also buy direct from the smaller artisans (as would be the case of Saponificio Varesino).

Do you have a connection with Saponificio Varesino? I notice your "SV" attached to your username and thought there could be a connection. (Or perhaps a fan?) We welcome vendors here and they have a lot of freedom. There's no paid advertising so there's no fees. There is a section for vendors to post away to their hearts content. Indeed, Juan from Gifts & Care is tremendous at posting every month or so and keeps us in mind (little us far away...). [emoji4]

@khun_diddy thank you for your welcome!

@filobiblic yes I work into SV (package design, graphics, webstore manager etc... :p ) together with Ale (Dyd) who's the guy behind the formulation of beta 4.0 and the new 4.1 soaps.
Lately we've noticed the interest from the australian wetshavers into our products and I came here to understand how could we possibly "fill" the distance, that is surely a big problem...
Ale will soon hop on board too, we're currently thinking about a convention for the users of this forum, or better would be to find a distributor over there.

@khun_diddy thank you for your welcome!

@filobiblic yes I work into SV (package design, graphics, webstore manager etc... :p ) together with Ale (Dyd) who's the guy behind the formulation of beta 4.0 and the new 4.1 soaps.
Lately we've noticed the interest from the australian wetshavers into our products and I came here to understand how could we possibly "fill" the distance, that is surely a big problem...
Ale will soon hop on board too, we're currently thinking about a convention for the users of this forum, or better would be to find a distributor over there.
Wonderful! You make us very happy indeed!

Some of us are about to buy some of your soaps & aftershaves, and I know a group from Melbourne recently did so. They are raving about them so much that we just have to try them too.

Your English is excellent! I think your product design and packaging for your soaps are very well done (from what I have seen).

I believe that there is a local shaving store about to open soon. @shavetheman would be very interested in talking with you about distributing your products down here in Australia. The larger stores do not stock many artisan products so we are limited in our purchasing options.

Exciting to have you step on here and try to connect with us. I can guarantee you will get some more sales from us (even if we are a smaller customer base than other countries).

Wonderful! You make us very happy indeed!

Some of us are about to buy some of your soaps & aftershaves, and I know a group from Melbourne recently did so. They are raving about them so much that we just have to try them too.

Your English is excellent! I think your product design and packaging for your soaps are very well done (from what I have seen).

I believe that there is a local shaving store about to open soon. @shavetheman would be very interested in talking with you about distributing your products down here in Australia. The larger stores do not stock many artisan products so we are limited in our purchasing options.

Exciting to have you step on here and try to connect with us. I can guarantee you will get some more sales from us (even if we are a smaller customer base than other countries).

Thank you for your good words! Indeed the option of a vendor on site would be the best in our opinion. I will talk with Ale again, hopefully he will be on here today!

Welcome @Marco_SV - glad you are joining us here!!!

I too have heard nothing but great things from SV and am looking forward trying them soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.