Hi from Melbourne

Osman

Have been shaving with multi blade cartridges for 30 years and hated it. Started looking for a better way and discovered traditional wet shaving with a DE. Been shaving this way since February. Now I love shaving and discovered that there are so many people around the globe doing it and loving it. It has now become something that I look forward to. As it turns out my son has been shaving with an electric razor for two years and wanted to move into shaving with a blade. So I put him onto wet shaving with a DE razor and he loves it. Something that a father and son can share and pass on, what could be better?

Welcome Osman - and yes I think the same. Waiting for a couple more years to get my own son into it - he is a bit young yet.

Keep your weekend free - meetup in Melbourne is coming up soon. Definitely worth seeing what people have, sniff, try, swap.

Welcome mate!

A similar story to many of us here - a chore becomes a pleasure and the beginning of a tradition!

What sort of gear are you using?

G'day Osman and welcome.

What razors and soaps do you like to use?

G'day Osman and welcome.

What razors and soaps do you like to use?
Hi Nonick and Mark and Monsta, thanks for the welcome. Using an Edwin Jagger DE89L and my favorite blades are the Polsiver and the Feathers. Use a Shavemac silver tip 177 shave brush. Started with a Geo Trumpers Limes shave cream then got a Taylor of Old Bond Street sampler pack. Then I started buying Proraso creams and preshave followed by DR Harris creams. Just got my first Shaver Heaven soaps and love the performance. I have on order some Soap Commander and Katies Bubbles from the US. I also ordered a Semogue boar hair brush on ebay from Portugal. Here I was thinking I would save money but I love it, I cant get enough.

Welcome and hope your son joins too :)
Grab one of the B&M Latha's on sale atm if you desire to try another great artisan.

What did I tell you @Osman :)

You told him we are a friendly bunch keen to assist him in finding a BARGAIN like that Latha - great B&M soap at a never to be repeated price.

It would be positively ungentlemanly not to encourage him to grab this bargain ;)

Welcome @Osman, hope you enjoy your stay. If you want to increase your collection you have come to the right place :) What Shaver Heaven soaps did you get? I have tried a number of them, they all work great for me.

Hi Nonick and Mark and Monsta, thanks for the welcome. Using an Edwin Jagger DE89L and my favorite blades are the Polsiver and the Feathers. .

Great blades, these fellas will soon draw your attention to vintage blades as they post shaves with exotic blades no longer known to mankind.

You wouldn't be interested in trying the R41 head would you? I'll have to shamelessly advertise it to newer members as everyone else has several dozen razors already. It's in the B/S/S section. [emoji4]

Welcome mate.

You're definitely onto the right path with the artisan soaps. Soap Commander, Catie's Bubbles and Shaver Heaven are all top shelf. Definitely grab one of the Barrister and Mann 'Lather' soaps that @Monsta_AU has for sale (left over from a previous bulk buy). It doesn't get any better than B&M.

PolSilver SI are my favourite blades too. Also get yourself a box of Personna Super blades (known as Lab Blue). Less than $20 delivered to Aus for 100, and they are excellent blades. PM me your address and I'll post you a few if you'd like.

Welcome @Osman, hope you enjoy your stay. If you want to increase your collection you have come to the right place :) What Shaver Heaven soaps did you get? I have tried a number of them, they all work great for me.
Started with a bunch of samples from bay rum, green tabacco, dragonoir, and neroli. Yes agree great performers

Welcome mate.

You're definitely onto the right path with the artisan soaps. Soap Commander, Catie's Bubbles and Shaver Heaven are all top shelf. Definitely grab one of the Barrister and Mann 'Lather' soaps that @Monsta_AU has for sale (left over from a previous bulk buy). It doesn't get any better than B&M.

PolSilver SI are my favourite blades too. Also get yourself a box of Personna Super blades (known as Lab Blue). Less than $20 delivered to Aus for 100, and they are excellent blades. PM me your address and I'll post you a few if you'd like.
Thanks I have 20 of the lab blues they are great too

Hi Osman. We love having new members from Melbourne. Welcome to our neck of the woods.

As Monsta mentioned above, we have a meet up in the city on Sunday, 28 June and would love to see you there. You certainly speak our language - Caties Bubbles, Soap Commander, Shaver Heaven, Lab Blues...but you also dropped SEMOGUE, which gets me really excited :)

Seriously - please consider hooking up with the Melbourne clan on the 28th. Details -> meetup in Melbourne

LaP