Hi from Perth

Hello I am from Perth. Mark can you help me find a Iwasaki?

Welcome to Paste & Cut. You should introduce yourself in a new and seperate thread. PM Mark directly once you have full privileges.

So trying to bring things together from a couple of threads ...

You are from Perth

Looking to buy your first straight

Looking for an adjustable DE as well (?)

You have had problems with ingrown hairs around your Adams Apple

Say G'day to people here with some more background about yourself and you will tend to get responses too :)

Welcome to P&C - I'm sure once the small details are worked out, you will have a great time here!

Hi all

Yeah ingrowns with a blunt DE not nice.

Can anyone recommend a DE blade?

Blades are more a personal preference type thing, trying different combos with various razors. I'm pretty new to D/E shaving but I've been using Astra SP. I bought a blade sampler pack and am working my way through to see what works best for me. What blades have you been using or tried in the last 4 years? A blunt blade wouldn't be helping your cause.

Feathers too harsh
Astra's are not too bad
Personna better than Astra
These ones I have tried so far

I'd probably suggest sticking with the Personna for a while (5 blades - 15 - 20 shaves) and getting the technique down pat and THEN changing blades.

Lots of fans of Voskod and Polsilvers and Personna Lab Blues here

Voskhod's were a bit of a revelation for me. However, they aren't as brilliant in the Rockwell 6S as they are in the EJ DE89. Although, I haven't explored the 6S properly just yet.

MORE evidence of my blade/razor combo theory :)

Surely this is no longer a theory? I'm sure I've seen evidence of this fact numerous times elsewhere on the internet. It's suggested to try different blades each time you try a new razor plenty in my experience.

It is a FACT!!! [It is on the Internet thingy so it must be true ;)]

Fantastic - BTW - I don't really claim it as my theory as much a theory I support :)