Hi from Scotland

Welcome @Jaco beautiful Filarmonica's. If I had to choose one brand to collect it would have to be Fili's they are such a joy to hone and shave with

How does a boti horse hair differ from a badger?
You don't have to kill the creature to harvest his fur? ;)

Of course you possibly could get away with catching a badger, giving him a nice BBS shave then send him off on his merry way to be laughed at by all his friends and relations, but he might prefer you to kill him... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Of course you possibly could get away with catching a badger, giving him a nice BBS shave then send him off on his merry way to be laughed at by all his friends and relations, but he might prefer you to kill him... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Lol.. was gonna ask why u were going animal hair.. but why not a pig brush for you then? If the pigs gonna end up as yummy chops (or better yet on a spit) anyway :p

Dam now I'm thinking of horse hair.. hmmmm

Lol.. was gonna ask why u were going animal hair.. but why not a pig brush for you then? If the pigs gonna end up as yummy chops (or better yet on a spit) anyway :p

Dam now I'm thinking of horse hair.. hmmmm
I have a 26mm shoat (newly weaned pig) knot from Turn 'n Shave that I like a lot. It doesn't really load enough in one go for a total shave like any of my other brushes, but I still like the feel of it. There's no rule that says I can't go back to the soap for another load... :)

I have a 26mm shoat (newly weaned pig) knot from Turn 'n Shave that I like a lot. It doesn't really load enough in one go for a total shave like any of my other brushes, but I still like the feel of it. There's no rule that says I can't go back to the soap for another load... :)

i found that too with my boars, but was just thinking maybe I havnt broken them in enough yet.. just been up reading on horse hair brushes dammit!!! and its got me thinking of my boars again.. some havnt even been used at yet.. when i get back to adelaide i plan to get the boars out and in the meantime keep looking into horse hair.. whats the go with boti horse? why did you pick it?

I find the Boti white horsehair is softer than badger. It holds massive amounts of lather and just feels luxurious on my face. Very little backbone. Probably not for everyone, but I have another being delivered today.

Thanks.. I've been looking around and may be pulling the trigger on a zenith extra soft horse hair

I dunno, I watched a video of a badger refusing to be lunch for 3 leopards. Badger sends them on their way and trots off like a BOSS!
Pretty sure those losers are way better at that than I am, so I probably would need a few extra drinks to go harvest a badger myself. :ROFLMAO:

Welcome @Jaco beautiful Filarmonica's. If I had to choose one brand to collect it would have to be Fili's they are such a joy to hone and shave with
Yeah, when I started out I thought it was just hype. I always watched the auctions, but there were not many bargains to be had. I tried many other razors, mostly German, even tried Kamisoris.

When I bit the bullet and bought my first Fili 14, I knew from the first shave that I have found my home, nothing else compares.

I also found that the 14 sized blades was what I liked best, and started keeping my eyes peeled for anything with a 14 in the title. I also have a Koraat 14-2, Manos 14 and Guillermo Hoppe 14. I like all of them, but the Filis are just a touch better to shave with. Looking for a Palmera 14, but they are quite rare these days.

Welcome Jaco
So you are from Peterheid? I am surprised we can understand your accent!

With the exodus from B&B to P&C, hopefully it it will invigorate this forum a bit, especially the straight razor brigade, of which I am a card carrying member myself. It's been a bit quite the last couple of years.

cheers
Andrew

I also found that the 14 sized blades was what I liked best, and started keeping my eyes peeled for anything with a 14 in the title. I also have a Koraat 14-2, Manos 14 and Guillermo Hoppe 14. I like all of them, but the Filis are just a touch better to shave with. Looking for a Palmera 14, but they are quite rare these days.
I have owned Mannos 14, Guillermo Hoppe 14 and Palmera ( I still own one, I sold a pristine Palmera ages ago, when I was young and illiterate. At least now I am older). I would rate Palmera and Mannos one step above the Hoppe, although the Hoppe is one piece of excellent razor.
Welcome Jaco

With the exodus from B&B to P&C, hopefully it it will invigorate this forum a bit, especially the straight razor brigade, of which I am a card carrying member myself. It's been a bit quite the last couple of years.

cheers
Andrew

You are not alone mate, if there's any leftover cards, to join that brigade, send one my way.

Welcome Jaco

cheers
Andrew
Hahahaha, you got the accent reght min!

Belated welcome @Jaco!