Hi, newbie from The Riverina, NSW

Hi all, it's good to find an AU community. I've been researching wet shaving for the last few weeks and have finally ordered some gear today. I've ordered a Muhle R89 Classic DE, Semogue 1305 Shaving Brush, some Mitchells Wool Fat shaving soap, a blade sampler pack and some Occams Original Shave Cream.

Hoping it all gets here soon cuz I'm out of my old disposables and it's getting itchy *scratch scratch*

That's a great first kit mate, well done. And welcome to our little family. I apologise in advance for some of the characters here...

Where in the Riverina are you? I'll be in Tumut for the weekend in a couple of weeks...

Last edited:
Welcome CC, any funny story behind the name you use? A tale of valor that involved saving a large number of melons?

Solid choices of gear - you should look for the frequent bargains that pop up on here as the old salts look to lessen their guilt from hoarding more than they can use in several lifetimes. @stillshunter I believe has is now proud to have added 5yr interest free terms to his many weekly sales threads! ;)

Look forward to chatting with you around the forum. Cheers, Nick

Hi CC & welcome. It'll be great hearing your first time experience with a Wet Shaving setup. [emoji106] Post back when you get your new gear and let us know how it goes.

Hi all, it's good to find an AU community. I've been researching wet shaving for the last few weeks and have finally ordered some gear today. I've ordered a Muhle R89 Classic DE, Semogue 1305 Shaving Brush, some Mitchells Wool Fat shaving soap, a blade sampler pack and some Occams Original Shave Cream.

Hoping it all gets here soon cuz I'm out of my old disposables and it's getting itchy *scratch scratch*
Hello. I'm relatively new to the forum too and enjoy the to and fro banter. I'm sure you will too. You come from a nice neck of the woods. Are you the champion of the local cantaloupe growers? When I was a boy we called 'em rock melons, but that was in Queensland. Cheers.

Aww come on @Drubbing dont be a spoil sport :)
Those Semogues are good brushes, yet only for those dedicated enough to break them in and maintain them.

Last edited:
Welcome CC - hopefully you have not been turned off by the locals chatting among themselves. They are a nice bunch of gentleman really. Especially @Drubbing - a TRUE gent if ever there was one ....

You've come to the right place mate. We'll help you along here...and then some...and then some more...and before you know it you're putting in a new cabinet to house all your shaving gear...and your significant other is hassling you for having more cosmetics than them...and then you sob, sob into your bitters, here with the other angry loners at this bar we call "P&C". Pull up a stool mate....you might want to wipe that first but...

That's a great first kit mate, well done. And welcome to our little family. I apologise in advance for some of the characters here...

Where in the Riverina are you? I'll be in Tumut for the weekend in a couple of weeks...

Hi MrT, I'm between Albury and Wagga.

Welcome CC, any funny story behind the name you use? A tale of valor that involved saving a large number of melons?
Solid choices of gear - you should look for the frequent bargains that pop up on here as the old salts look to lessen their guilt from hoarding more than they can use in several lifetimes.

Nah, no stories, just like rock melons ;) I'll keep an eye out for bargains, thanks!

Hi CC & welcome. It'll be great hearing your first time experience with a Wet Shaving setup. [emoji106] Post back when you get your new gear and let us know how it goes.

Hi, I'm looking forward to it and I sure will post back.

Hi.

My condolences on the Semogue purchase. It'll get better...

Hi, thanks! Sure hope so :D

You've come to the right place mate. We'll help you along here...and then some...and then some more...and before you know it you're putting in a new cabinet to house all your shaving gear...and your significant other is hassling you for having more cosmetics than them...and then you sob, sob into your bitters, here with the other angry loners at this bar we call "P&C". Pull up a stool mate....you might want to wipe that first but...

Hi, I already have more cosmetics than my wife! Shoes too!

... and politely decline an amber liquid from those Canberra folks (pfft Itchy Green Pants).

The rock per chance ?

Welcome CC, they people on this forum are friendly and always willing to sell you some good stuff :) I many years ago used to spend a lot of time in North East Victoria just past Albury.

Hi and welcome.

<<<this is the closest I could get to a pic of a shaved pussy