Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @nsavage and welcome to the club. Sounds like you'll fit in nicely here with your shopping habits. How long have you been in this caper and what kind of razors, brush and soaps do you use?

Welcome @nsavage - what soaps are to your liking? If you are in the Adelaide area, come and join us at our Bi-weekly get-together...

Just a quick hi from a new member. Also new to DE shaving and loving it so far. Already developed a nasty habit of buying too many soaps lol. Look forward to learning more from the forum!

Welcome!

Not sure why you think buying soaps is a nasty habit - not the case around here :)

yep here's the place to learn how to spend all that money you're saving on cartridges and canned goop!

Hey, Been about 3 weeks so like I said just starting out. Using an Edwin Jagger 3D Laser. Started out with Derby blades but didn't like them after only a couple of shaves so went straight to Feather blades which are awesome. Here's the thing though so far I have already purchased the following:

Edwin Jagger Super Badger Brush
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Badger Brush (was 20% off so couldn't resist)
2 Lathering Bowls (one mug Style, one bowl style - mug is awesome!)
Edwin Jagger Soaps - Aloe Vera, Menthol and Sandlewood (yet to try the latter 2) - Found this soap to be really quite good
D R Harris Marlborough Soap - love this
Proraso Green Cream - thought I would give it a try - it's OK
Razorock XXX - Just received so yet to try
Truefit and Hill 1806 Soap - Just received so yet to try
Placed an order for 8OZ each of Phoenix Artisan Acroutrements CAD and Gondolier
Placed an order for an 8oz Caties Bubbles LPV
Placed an order for Shave Heaven in the Barbershop, Drogon Noir, Aladdin and Forbidden Forest

Missus thinks I am nuts!

Welcome @nsavage - what soaps are to your liking? If you are in the Adelaide area, come and join us at our Bi-weekly get-together...

Hey Alfredus, generally pretty busy but I will have to make time to do that!

Haven't tried many soaps yet (see above) but as you can tell I am keen to try a lot out!

As well as the above list I have a list probably the same again of soaps that I want to try LOL.

Missus thinks I am nuts!

Welcome @nsavage. Yep, this is the place to be!
U19hAvV.jpg

Hello there @nsavage

Hey Alfredus, generally pretty busy but I will have to make time to do that!

Haven't tried many soaps yet (see above) but as you can tell I am keen to try a lot out!

As well as the above list I have a list probably the same again of soaps that I want to try LOL.
If you make it along to any of the shaving meets you'll be bound to trade/try/receive any number of soaps, razors and aftershaves! Plenty of blokes here who have more shaving products than they have digits...

Welcome @nsavage to the insanity.
Hope your stay is long and mutually fruitful.

Upon that list, the last two lines of items are likely make the one's above pale in comparison.
Also, never mind the acquisition of stuff, as you can always resell/trade with others here freely :)

See above Mark, at this rate I'm going to need a new bathroom to house all of this stuff!

What a great start!!

You will fit in well here mate :)

Please let me know if you come and I can bring some blades etc. for you...

@nsavage see what I mean with the above post ? :)
Worth your time and effort and from what I can decipher, it sounds like a decent bunch to boot.

Welcome aboard mate. Make sure you get along to one of the Adelaide meets one day. Top bunch of blokes

Status
Not open for further replies.