How come they don't make enough Boar/Badger knot these days

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day ;)

Since I got myself a Semogue 2012 Special Edition brush how come they don't make enough Boar/Badger knot brushes these days ??? Because I really like the feels of this knot, and do you know any other brush makers might be around and still make Boar/Badger knot.

For some reason the boar/badger knot feels stiffer without any scritching or scratching feel and great backbone like WOW!!, this brush is stiffer than the SOC 2-Band Badger hair and the backbone is not as strong against the boar/badger knot.

I'm glad I've got all three brushes 2 SOC 2-Band Badger in Ash & Cherry Wood and a Semogue 2012 Special Edition, I also have a Semogue Special Edition 2013 Silvertip 24/48mm still searching for more Semogue Special Edition.

THhvEW2.jpg

My guess is because they don't sell. Badger hair can be knotted to give the same qualities you have described. Shavemac D01 two band comes to mind as one that would fit the bill so folks tend to go either badger or boar.

Glad you've found a brush you like that few people have. I really do like to have something different.

G'day ;)

Since I got myself a Semogue 2012 Special Edition brush how come they don't make enough Boar/Badger knot brushes these days ??? Because I really like the feels of this knot, and do you know any other brush makers might be around and still make Boar/Badger knot.

For some reason the boar/badger knot feels stiffer without any scritching or scratching feel and great backbone like WOW!!, this brush is stiffer than the SOC 2-Band Badger hair and the backbone is not as strong against the boar/badger knot.

I'm glad I've got all three brushes 2 SOC 2-Band Badger in Ash & Cherry Wood and a Semogue 2012 Special Edition, I also have a Semogue Special Edition 2013 Silvertip 24/48mm still searching for more Semogue Special Edition.

THhvEW2.jpg

I have the same brush, it is great.

If you are after this years Semougue LE better get in quick:

http://vintagescent.com/shaving-bru...dition?zenid=fc463290335978e64ee91ab76655d064

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ordered another Semogue brush today is a Semogue 2016 Foro Afeitado Limited Edition is a Finest 2 Band Badger hair and the knot has a 25mm diameter densely stuffed with this premium hair standing at 50mm in height.