how do I use this thing?

the_shaving_sailor

2018 Sabbatical
so I was given this scuttle by my lovely wife on valentines day and I have an idea on how to use it but could use more enlightening advice.

cheers guys

20170217_193934.jpg

This not a scuttle, like modern ones designed to keep your lather warm...

It is a so called shaving mug: you fill the inside up with water and can soak your brush. The top part is designed to hold your puck - just press it in a bit. This is fantastic for loading your soap the way I like to do (someone please provide a link as I am on my mobile - Merkur Man method).

It comes from a time, where you only had one soap and would use it up. The holes are there for water to run off... ENJOY (y)(y)(y)

@alfredus One Murker Man Method Video as requested;

I too load this way... it's brilliant.

The other way to use the shave mug is to load your brush from the soap container and then rest your bush in the top of the mug between passes. The heat of the mug will keep your lather warm.... sort of. Haslinger makes the perfect sized puck for using with these mugs BTW.

This not a scuttle, like modern ones designed to keep your lather warm...

It is a so called shaving mug: you fill the inside up with water and can soak your brush. The top part is designed to hold your puck - just press it in a bit. This is fantastic for loading your soap the way I like to do (someone please provide a link as I am on my mobile - Merkur Man method).

It comes from a time, where you only had one soap and would use it up. The holes are there for water to run off... ENJOY (y)(y)(y)
thanks very very much mystery solved, worked perfectly

:playful: Sorry guys you are all wrong !! :)
Place a tea bag for each person in the section with holes and slowly pour boiling water through and a perfect cup o brew will be ready in no time ----

Or do as it was designed for, and yes @nsavage :banghead: it was not at all uncommon to have and use only one soap :)