How do you add images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to keep posting and wait for privileges to open up.

We had a big issue with spam and virus infiltration compromising the site last year, this is how we keep them out. Annoying, but necessary.

Best way is to host on another site and link BTW

Link only. Images were starting to take up too much room on the server. I generally use imgur.com. no fuss and gives you a url to post when it's done (although you do have to add .jpg on the end)

Link only at this stage.
From my understanding all images have to be hosted elsewhere at this stage.

He already did. He posted back on his welcome page his razor and setup.
But I want bigger pictures I can zoom into and gawk at the hairs in the knot, see the ingredients in the lotion....not thumbnails

Like this, you mean?

I have them at 13MPix as well, if these aren't big enough for you.

CCxjHb5.jpg

QzgyZQq.jpg

Yep, that size is fine.

My suggestion is 800px X 600px makes a pretty good size. Obviously reverse it when changing orientation from Landscape to Portrait.

As for the image linking rule, it was more to do with making it easier to migrate the site when we were having a number of issues 12-18 months ago. This means that we can:
  • Keep the size of the files that need to be backed up & restored lower.
  • Keeps the database smaller & faster when it doesn't have heaps of attachments on it.
  • Reduces our costs in terms of data transfer from the hosting.
All my images are served from the same server as it also hosts my personal domain and there are a couple of other 'in-development' sites & forums there too. I have another server there ready to use as an image hosting machine. Once I can get a bit more experience on the particular machine setup (uses a new hosting panel I have not used much) I will set up accounts for those wishing to donate and they can FTP their images there & link them in.

Otherwise, use any of those image hosting providers. You can also put them in DropBox and link them from your public folder. That was too hard for some people here though!

Yep, that size is fine.

My suggestion is 800px X 600px makes a pretty good size. Obviously reverse it when changing orientation from Landscape to Portrait.

As for the image linking rule, it was more to do with making it easier to migrate the site when we were having a number of issues 12-18 months ago. This means that we can:
  • Keep the size of the files that need to be backed up & restored lower.
  • Keeps the database smaller & faster when it doesn't have heaps of attachments on it.
  • Reduces our costs in terms of data transfer from the hosting.
All my images are served from the same server as it also hosts my personal domain and there are a couple of other 'in-development' sites & forums there too. I have another server there ready to use as an image hosting machine. Once I can get a bit more experience on the particular machine setup (uses a new hosting panel I have not used much) I will set up accounts for those wishing to donate and they can FTP their images there & link them in.

Otherwise, use any of those image hosting providers. You can also put them in DropBox and link them from your public folder. That was too hard for some people here though!
Some people can barely turn on their PC on this site.
God knows how they manage to shave.
18 months ago? Wow I only thought we were 18 months old at the most.
Time flies I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.