I think I'm disappointed.

To be honest my el cheapo #6 Turkish is the match for any brush I've tried so far from Badger through to Boar. @alfredus piffed me a brilliant Omega Boar and I do mean brilliant. I'm also testing his Boar Horse Vie Long which also is sensational. I don't mean this to be too unkind to the synthetics of all kinds, but I'm sure they really appeal to Gen tree hugger shavers. Being slapped with a wet fish repeatedly probably gives just as satisfying a shaving experience. :) Apart from all that it is a fine brush.

FINE synthetic is about US$20 http://www.fineaccoutrements.com/20mm-Shaving-Brush-p/20mm_r-wh.htm
But a WhippedDog handles look the biz for sure. I think they are the same newest/generation nylon fibres as the BRUSH OF THE GODS (TSE/YOUTUBE)

I previously linked the Fine in post 18... definitely a good brush but only 20mm diameter whereas the Whipped Dog is 30mm.

They are all the same type of fibre - Plisson, Fine, TSE & Whipped Dog. Not all the same brushes in terms of dia/loft, or even the exact fibre, but definitely the same generation of synthetic for sure. Very comparable between all four.

I handled a Whipped Dog last Saturday, virtually the same a the Plissitane only set lower with more backbone. Definitely interested in getting one for myself.

Last edited:
But NOTHING beats a stylish vintage butterscotched Simpson.

Style and Grace that will be eternal ...

They ask, how hard can it be? Well at topgear, we get the stig to do all the work as some say he was a hair dresser (or was that cross dresser) in a previous life, but what we know is he is called the stig! My Q is, does the stig shave or is his beard now the shape of the helment? Or is the helment made out of beard, all we know, is he needs join a wet shaver club!

I am The Stig ...

I hope your beard isn't the shape of your helmet

I hope your beard isn't the shape of your helmet

Not, it is shaved. Just like the swimmers shave down. Makes me go faster ...

What is SWMBO's opinion upon that ?

Wolf Whiskers is an artisan brush maker in the U.S. According to their FAQ, they will only remove Plisson synthetic knots to transplant into one of their own handles. The others are too risky of damage