IKON SBS on Massdrop $39US

Well worth it at that price. If only I was patient enough and waited around but then again connaught had the complete shavecraft set so I got an sbs head as well to save on shipping. A great design concept and effective shave with the only downside being the finish which is sadly a regular occurance with iKon razors. For what it's worth they do make excellent handles with their knurling second to none ;)

Asymmetrical head, blergh.

Asymmetrical head, blergh.
Vintage blades, blergh :mask:
Edit, felt childish after posting that :notworthy:
So an Alumimium asymmetrical head may appeal for someone like myself who on his travels can shave a week's growth but also use as a shave daily with one razor.

Last edited:
Vintage Polsilvers, blergh :mask:
So an Alumimium asymmetrical head may appeal for someone like myself who on his travels can shave a week's growth but also use as a shave daily with one razor.

FTFY

I confess to being in the 'Asymmetrical head, blergh' camp - it just looks UNBALANCED to me.

I've also used a few razors and don't find that either an open comb or solid guard bar razor is of itself any different in relation to mowing down a few days growth (I've never gotten to a week) or a daily driver. Does it really have an impact?

Oh, before anybody else jumps in ...

Dead Men's Vintage razors, blergh :mask:

FTFY

I confess to being in the 'Asymmetrical head, blergh' camp - it just looks UNBALANCED to me.

I've also used a few razors and don't find that either an open comb or solid guard bar razor is of itself any different in relation to mowing down a few days growth (I've never gotten to a week) or a daily driver. Does it really have an impact?

My hair grows in fast and thick... If I let it go a week, shaving with a solid bar becomes impractical... They clog too fast and it ends in a bloodbath.
But an open-comb just sails straight through.

That *might* be different with a razor that has troughs (like the timeless). But I've never had the pleasure of using one.
I'm sure there's others here who can either confirm or deny.

And yes. The OCD in me does not allow me to use an asymmetric head... An SE doesn't count.
:)

FTFY

Thanks for the extra edit (y)

Though I have a few dead man razors that are unintentionally asymmetrical. Mainly Gillette silms :unsure:

Have two modern asymmetrical heads (designed that way) and too can not tell the difference with them. Only apparent when I have a week's growth as OC side mows it down.

The beauty with this razor is you can flip the base plate and step it up like a Rockwell 6s/c so you will feel a difference.

In the end YMMV

Vintage blades, blergh :mask:
All good mate.
Is the beauty of these forums, you're equally entitled to express your opinion and indeed encouraged to :)
Still doesn't make you right :p
Yet I concede that you've a point, even if the thing if fugly as!

I agree with both of you.​
Hey stranger, been a while.
Hope you are more active than as of late.

FTFY

That, that edit deserves a 24 hour 'break'!

I'm a fan of symmetry and I wish Greg made his razors to the standard he used to...
@ben74 Sadly I agree and judging by the reviews online things don't look too good for iKon going forward :( You know something's not right when the iKon website doesn't stock a majority of it's items and the local retailer has stopped stocking their product??? It's a shame because the shavecraft series and SBS heads are good razors, even though quality control could be better.