I'm back - recommend me a new synth

What's the razorock like speedy?

@Adam the RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic has very soft tip and strong backbone its doesn't splay to wide too soon when applying to you're face, the 57mm loft length is a little too floppy for me when I face lather so the length of this loft should go to bowl lather in my experience. You can face lather with this brush without any issue at all with hard soap or cream soap pretty quick is just a little too floppy for me, any way watch ShaveBuster and he has used the RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic so what carefully on the brush so you can get an idea of the size of this brush when he is holding the brush. So if you're interested please PM me ;)

@Adam please get back to me asap before the end of this Sunday. Why? see both quote above and also see link FYI click here

Last edited:
I was going to stay out of this but here are my two cents on the subject.

I have owned a variety of synthetic brushes and all have been great. I narrowed down to the two I have kept because I realised that I do not enjoy them as much as I enjoy badgers but still wanted to keep one or two. Here is a quick impression of the ones I have owned.

Stirling Kong (26mm) - Wonderfully soft and dense. A reasonable amount of backbone. Splayed easily and for me was too big when splayed. If you like big brushes this is a great choice. I sold this brush.

Stirling 24mm - Soft tips and also very dense. Tonnes of backbone and did not splay very easily at all. Too much backbone for me but great if you like a smaller brush and very strong backbone. I sold this brush.

Shave Revolution Synthetic - Very soft tips. Not as dense as the Stirling and splayed very easily. Not as much backbone as any of the synthetics I will mention here but from what I understand still more than the Plisson. I sold this brush.

Ubersoft 2 - I bought the Ubersoft in a Wolf Whiskers handle and have been very happy with it. Nice and soft tips, splays well but not too easily and has just the right amount of backbone for me. I have kept this brush primarily because of the handle though.

Razorock Plissoft 24mm - IMO this is the best value for money synthetic out of the ones that I have tried. Soft tips (not quite as soft as the Ubersoft 2), right amount of backbone and splay and cheap (I paid $10 USD for mine I believe). For me the Ubersoft 2 beats this brush but only very marginally. One needs to bear in mind though that the Ubersoft 2 knot alone costs slightly more than the complete Razorock Plissoft brush.

My lady has a Maggards 24mm Synthetic and this too is a very nice brush. I have not used it personally but it feels very similar to the Razorock on the hand but appears to be slightly higher lofted and therefore splays a little easier and has a touch less backbone.

I was a huge synthetic fan and used them just about exclusively until I had a very bad attack of brush acquisition disorder that I am currently trying to get over (I may need counselling yet). If I had to narrow it down to only one synthetic brush I would pick the Ubersoft 2 BUT that being said IMO you cannot go wrong with the Razorock. It is very unlikely that I would sell mine and I still reach for it from time to time and plan to use it as a travel brush.

My favourite synthetic is Plisson's...

C2BFweKVEAAyeZJ.jpg