Insert witty introduction here...

Walter Small

Hi there,

Converted to DE shaving a couple of years ago and havent looked back. Tried a few razors and soaps but settled for now on my Gillette New and Tabac soap. I was pretty set in my ways for blades until recently when I tried a vintage Gillette Platinum and discovered a new world of smooth. Now I cant go back to my old Personna Blues.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all and getting a few good tips.

Peace.

Another DE shaver! Yippee

Too many straight shavers coming on board :)

Personna Blue are great blades IMHO and my 'reference' blade when trying new things. The NEW is a classic vintage razor - great choice and Tabac is - well Tabac! Impressive choices.

Those vintage blades can be alluring though ...

Welcome @Walter Small, I think part of the fun with wet shaving is all the different options and combo you can try. In saying that though I'm yet to stray from Shaver Heaven soap haha.

Anyway enjoy your stay :D

@Walter Small hey?
Welcome mate.

So what's your poison in the software department?

Good tip?
Grow a set and shave with a straight - everything else is just toying with teddy and your tea set.

Hey mate, welcome! @stillshunter is being friendly to you...I'm suspicious....

But welcome!

Hey mate, welcome! @stillshunter is being friendly to you...I'm suspicious....

But welcome!

C'mon @filobiblic

image.jpg

......I'm like a one man welcoming committ....oh who am I kidding?

Tabac balm and edc. I find nothing else says 'conservative, middle-aged white guy' better than Tabac.

Oh dear, you need to get out more mate!

There are LOTS of things like that - we have old man smells, young man smells, '70s smells, incontinence smells according to @borked and even some people who claim to have smells with special attractive properties ...

Have you got a favourite bay rum?
When was the last time you used a Pinaud Clubman product?
Marzipan on men - yes or no?

Heck we even have some ARKO! available for a trade here ...

Welcome @Walter Small - I'm sure you will have a great time here!

What brushes do you have and like?

Another DE shaver! Yippee

Too many straight shavers coming on board :).

Oh as if that's possible! Anyway, not true if you go buy Bald As' survey. DE's are well in the lead.

Welcome Walter Small. I'm quite partial to Tabac too. It's in the rotation with about 6 Shaver Heaven soaps. I don't think I could have just one soap though.... but I am keen to keep the variables down hence why I have a bunch of the same soap in different scents.