January 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Markyv !

SovJ5Vrl.jpg

Nice way to start the week

You need to get another Chubby 2 Manchurian Badger to be fully qualified as the Three Manchurian Amigos.
Agreed, but the Chubby 2 in super is just such a great brush. IF I were to get a Chubby 2 in Manchurian, I would then have to get a Chuuby 1 & 3 in super to match that set too. Not sure the budget will allow that.

jnIqqwE.jpg

Small mailcall from Vshod. Looks like they're out of Treet Platinums (am I missing out? Maybe not shaving with them is a good thing). They threw in an extra tuck of Rapira Lux as well as some freebies (styptic sticks and hair brush). These were sent by Express parcel post for some reason. I appreciate the service, but shipping may have cost more than the tucks itself!

Agreed, but the Chubby 2 in super is just such a great brush. IF I were to get a Chubby 2 in Manchurian, I would then have to get a Chuuby 1 & 3 in super to match that set too. Not sure the budget will allow that.

Now THAT is P&C logic right there - I stand in awe ... (FTFY BTW)

jnIqqwE.jpg

Small mailcall from Vshod. Looks like they're out of Treet Platinums (am I missing out? Maybe not shaving with them is a good thing). They threw in an extra tuck of Rapira Lux as well as some freebies (styptic sticks and hair brush). These were sent by Express parcel post for some reason. I appreciate the service, but shipping may have cost more than the tucks itself!
Good selection there - though you won't need that hairbrush if you just keep going with your razor until you've got the job done :p

Vshod express posts nearly everything, maybe they've got a deal with AusPost. We all appreciate their service, it's second to none.

I personally don't think you're missing much with Treets, others will disagree. You are missing Nacet, Polsilver/Wizamet and GSB, and some folks like Astra SS (Blue), though I personally don't care much for Blue or Green. Voskhod is worth a spin, and some people swear by Bic as being smooth and sharp.

It always amuses me to see all those free styptic pencils everyone gives away. Like we spend the whole morning cutting ourselves to ribbons. Only @Mark1966 does that. :p:ROFLMAO:

It always amuses me to see all those free styptic pencils everyone gives away. Like we spend the whole morning cutting ourselves to ribbons. Only @Mark1966 does that. :p:ROFLMAO:

Ouch! (but true this week - touché!)

I personally don't think you're missing much with Treets, others will disagree. You are missing Nacet, Polsilver/Wizamet and GSB, and some folks like Astra SS (Blue), though I personally don't care much for Blue or Green. Voskhod is worth a spin, and some people swear by Bic as being smooth and sharp

I have nacets, Wizamet, GSB, Astra blue and voskhod in a previous sampler. Just rounding out what's readily available locally.

These are slated for some razor scales, huon pine with sas. wedge. I love both of these woods and found a great bloke down in Tas. thar does Vaneer woods so it come in a handy 4mm thickness.
Ooh nice. The huon will be nice and stable, though being quite soft might need a bit of reinforcement around the pins. Look forward to seeing the results. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.