JJ Shorty for a Newbie ?

So Lads, much of my shaving Journey has always been directed towards being able to shave with a Straight some day. I am grateful for every bit of advice from each and every one of you who has replied on this thread, my heartfelt thanks to all you.

To me that one Crusader, loyalist and die hard supporter of Straights, Kamisoris and everything adventurous with a blade that needs sharpening has been @rbscebu who has from the beginning been encouraging me to pick up a Straight. So recently not only did he send me the two Gratis Gold Dollar Razors, one prepared to perfection but also sold me a 5/8 Bengall SR from his collection at a throwaway price knowing that I wasn't able to pick up a good Straight at this point of time with the promise that I would return it if I didn't get into shaving with a Straight. I held the Gold dollar and tested it on my arm, felt the weight of it and said, this is the one that I will perfect my technique with. Then I picked up the Bengall Straight and tried it on my arm, the width, the balance and the feel of that Razor in the hand is surreal.

So Richard, My Friend and My Brother thank you for your kindness, generosity and your love for spreading the Straight Razor Shaving bug. I am eternally grateful for this and that Bengall Straight is staying with me for good.

Bengall-Straight-3.jpg

Bengall-Straight-1.jpg

Bengall-Straight.jpg