July 2011 Member Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm wrong but it smells like the tobs shave shop cream I had.
Drubs do you want to have a try of it? It is used however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Done.

Do you want to drop by work this week?

Or catch up for a beer somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
A K1 Gillette flairtip superspeed (hecho en Mexico)
SE ever ready USA
The ever ready is a new one on me as the lid is hinged on the front and flips forward:weird:

Pics will follow

AKA 1924.
I would normally say Pat/patented 1924 model but mine just says "pat. app'd for" and no date, so I'm just used to calling that model the 1924 model. I'm sure the '1924' came from either Dave/d.irving79 or someone who had a book on it though.

First SE? or do you have most of the others already?

Last edited:
AKA 1924.
First SE? or do you have most of the others already?

Not my first have a few others:D,(this is the same with "pat. app'd for"). but they are all different varieties of the 1912, either Gem or Ever ready and one micromatic. Also a rolls kicking about somewhere but the blades needs some work done before it usable. I had never seen this model before

Last edited:
Same as my rolls, I have 4 I snapped up from the UK but only 3 blades usable, and I just can't get them sharp enough.
Speaking of which, superspeed from mexico and a ever ready from the USA?
You guys don't know how well you have it in your own backyard.
Everybody wants UK razors.
aristocrat obviously, but also rockets, the british NEW is regarded as the best, even the british tech. You have your own flare tips and redtips etc regarded as better. And as far as SE, most SEs in the UK were ever ready, but there are a few pat 1912 GEMs made in the UK which are pretty rare, as most GEMs were only USA and it was mainly ever ready 1912s in the UK.
Not much here in australia, only a few british razors, so in my early days I was buying up heaps on ebay UK since you had the better razor pre adjustable era and postage was so cheap :cheesy:

Not much here in australia, only a few british razors, so in my early days I was buying up heaps on ebay UK since you had the better razor pre adjustable era and postage was so cheap :cheesy:

Oh, I dunno - I've had a steady trickle from WA actually...

the grass is always greener and all that...
I ain't found nothing locally, but I haven't looked for over a year as I'm not interested in it much anymore.

Today in the post a lovely tub of RazoRock XXX cream/soap from Lord Constipation.

Thank you :)

I shall give this a shot in the morning with a shiny new Gillette Black Plat.

Really liking the Spanish Floid. Reordered, but got the Vigoroso - same I believe, but has more menthol, the Suave is quite mild, not even Proraso cool.

Also ordered some Floid balm which seems to be new.

Too many acquisitions over the last coupla days hahaha

Just picked up an awesome Fatboy and a US Gold Aristocrat from Mark1966, a near mint 40's Superspeed for $10 on the bay, a Gold Fat Handle Tech and a user grade Fatboy off B&B that I bought prior to seeing Mark's... Got some Cella and a Franks Shaving Finest brush on its way too, this is going to be a pricey hobby!

Probably just gonna try em all out and keep my favourite two, will get a PIF box together in the next few weeks and share the love :D

Fatboy (Mark if you object to me linking your photo gimme a shout and I'll pull it!)

84c743d6bc7c46b8d12c_5.jpg

Superspeed

p1020369u.jpg

Merkur Progress
100 Feather Blades
Semogue 740 Badger Brush
DR Harris Marlborough
TOBS Jermyn St cream
TOBS Jermyn St AS
O Melhor Shaving Cream
Geo F Trumper Eucris Soap Bowl
Geo F Trumper Eucris EDT
Edwin Jagger Ivory Shaving Bowl

Some is already here, other stuff is on the way.

Once the O Melhor cream gets here, I'm willing to PIF some samples to people and of the DR Harris Marlborough. The other stuff I'm sure plenty have used :)

Merkur, Brush and DR Harris came in a starter kit.

I'm pretty sure my addiction is going to come down to shaving creams and soaps.

Last edited:
Yeah cheap shaving my ass....lol

sure it's "only 28c a blade" but the other billion dollars we spend keeps this industry afloat!

Ah I'm addicted also so why am I complaining.

Bugger, this is the acquisition thread. Better order some more stuff so I can post legitimately.

Got nothing coming in and I'm resisting the temptation to buy something so I can hang out for the postie. She's hot, even under that helmet and covered in rain proof gear. Not really. He's actually pretty ugly, badly shaven and missing a few teeth.

Too many acquisitions over the last coupla days hahaha

Just picked up an awesome Fatboy and a US Gold Aristocrat from Mark1966, a near mint 40's Superspeed for $10 on the bay, a Gold Fat Handle Tech and a user grade Fatboy off B&B that I bought prior to seeing Mark's... Got some Cella and a Franks Shaving Finest brush on its way too, this is going to be a pricey hobby!

Probably just gonna try em all out and keep my favourite two, will get a PIF box together in the next few weeks and share the love :D

Fatboy (Mark if you object to me linking your photo gimme a shout and I'll pull it!)

Superspeed

Happy for you to use the pics - VERY happy that you like the razors!

Last edited:
Got nothing coming in and I'm resisting the temptation to buy something so I can hang out for the postie. She's hot, even under that helmet and covered in rain proof gear. Not really. He's actually pretty ugly, badly shaven and missing a few teeth.

My local post office likes me - I think I'm their best customer.

July purchases:

Gillette #21 Cased Set
Gillette #21 Cased Set (user grade)
Gillette Regent Tech Set (Cased)
Gillette Popular and brush
Gillette ABC Razor in non-matching case
Gilllette 1958 (D3) Fatboy Executive Cased
Gillette Gold Criterion
Gillette Double Ring (1905)
Gillette Fatboy Cased
Gillette #48 in cream bakelite case
Gillette #21 Cased Set
Gillette Blue Tip, Gold ABC with tech head, gold tech plus everreadys
Gillette #47 Popular Set
Gillette #16 Set cased
Gillette #59 Set
Gillette #16 Cased Set
Gillette Double Ring (1904)
Gillette Big Fellow and Single Ring
Case for Rocket
Gillette Popular gold/brassed

I AM slowing down......

My local post office likes me - I think I'm their best customer.

July purchases:

Gillette #21 Cased Set
Gillette #21 Cased Set (user grade)
Gillette Regent Tech Set (Cased)
Gillette Popular and brush
Gillette ABC Razor in non-matching case
Gilllette 1958 (D3) Fatboy Executive Cased
Gillette Gold Criterion
Gillette Double Ring (1905)
Gillette Fatboy Cased
Gillette #48 in cream bakelite case
Gillette #21 Cased Set
Gillette Blue Tip, Gold ABC with tech head, gold tech plus everreadys
Gillette #47 Popular Set
Gillette #16 Set cased
Gillette #59 Set
Gillette #16 Cased Set
Gillette Double Ring (1904)
Gillette Big Fellow and Single Ring
Case for Rocket
Gillette Popular gold/brassed

I AM slowing down......

You're either a serious collector or the Canberra posties are a lot more attractive than the WA ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.