June 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JugV2

Simply boring.
It's winter, menthol and warm soaps are the fashion.

What have you got on order?

Ordered a tub of Jermyn, tube of Speick and 100 Silver Blues from Connaughts. Funnily enough the blades were cheaper there than via RB&M at about $32/100 rather than $38/100 at RB&M.

Will look to get a few more blades soon once my bonus hits & my annual leave for the year is paid out.

New order - my first from Gifts & Care.

Vie-Long 13710 Horsey Brush
50x Super Iridiums
Proraso Sandalwood.

Hurry up Juan, get them in the post for me!

No La Toja? Surely your list is wrong.

No La Toja. Had a tube of cream (About 3 Euros) in my order but with it the postage was 22 Euros, and without it was 11 Euros.

I have a La Toja stick already, will get a tube of the cream next time. I wanted the Proraso more, you know what I am like with Sandalwood.

By the way, I thoughts Super Iridiums weren't made anymore.
As far as we know, they aren't. But Juan has supply, and they are legit blades. Even shaving.ie has some for sale - single packs only, no bulk.

There is another guy in Spain over YKW that was selling them also, I think this is where shaving.ie got them from. Still fairly expensive but I think they all got snapped up.

Will wait for my bonus to hit and then buy a 250-pack pillar from Juan if he has any left. Won't need any more after that.

Haven't been buying much lately missed out on a few really nice things. A fellow Aussie on YNW recently gave me first look at this little set

Looks like an after market traveler type set, hey, what is that razor....

It is pigskin and made in Australia

Yes, it IS a #66 - and a NOS Gillette brush

It does look like one of those after market sets, although with a NOS Gillette brush and a #66, odd really.

but hang on, what is that...

The Gillette logo!

This one is a mystery. We can't find any info on it. The blades are C3 (1957) so they fit the date for the #66 and it does have the Gillette logo - so it should be genuine. It is definitely any Aussie production.

Given it's heritage I had to take one for the team and keep it in OZ - it is on its way to me now!

Last edited:
My orders from Connaughts + Gifts&Care have arrived.

I have my Jermyn Street again! Although the Cella is getting a heavy workout the last couple of weeks.

Speick smells pretty good to my nose. Herbal, yet strong and masculine. Might hit that first up in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.