June 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full_Size_Render.jpg

As I'm teaching HG2G in term three I thought I'd best get the soap. I'm sure I can claim it as essential to my course.

Nice haul! I was waiting for the Stray Whisker Balm to be released before buying 42 so I could combine postage. It was a gamble that has not paid off - 42 is sold out!

Beauty & the Bees Shampoo bars arrived with some info and samples of other variations -

The shampoo bars smell amazingly good - looking forward to giving them a run
I am currently using the Moroccan Mud Shampoo from the same range. My hair is on the dry side - this works a treat.
Tassie Beer also a winner. As mentioned in the thread Mark quotes, you are best to get the bar back to a resting point away from shower water and splash once you have lathered up, or they can continue to react and diminish. The thing I have noticed the most is how soft my hair is to the touch after shampooing and once it has dried. They do a conditioning bar also, but if I cannot be stuffed, the shampoo works very well as a single step.

If you are really keen, they have an apple cider vinegar and herb rinse. Sounds weird, only done it twice, but boy does it work. The principle with these natural shampoos bars and the vinegar rinse is that it removes the layers of silicone and other gunk that have built up on hair over time from synthetic shampoo and conditioner products. Can only speak for myself, but have noticed a steady improvement over time (I have a full set of Gaelic locks, unlike my Avatar).

Beautiful @Psmith - I'm sure you will get lots of joy.

I assume the knot out of the handle is 25mm?

I assume so too. Whilst I've surprised even myself with how nerdy I've got about shave brushed I cannot bring myself to get the callipers out. That would be a new low.

That is not nerdy - merely precise.

My excuse is, that I have to borrow them from my dad and don't have my own ones :D

Status
Not open for further replies.