Kettle - an essential shaving accessory!

Before every episode on Britbox, it warns viewers that the themes are indicative of the attitudes at the time.

In other words casual racism.
I’m glad to have the complete box DVD series of the Goodies, and I’m not worried about bloody casual racism, God Save the Goodies.

We’re completely off topic, sorry for hijacking this thread.

Last edited:
I’m glad to have the complete box DVD series of the Goodies, and I’m not worried about bloody casual racism, God Save the Goodies.

We’re completely off topic, sorry for hijacking this thread.
I don't even have to watch that to know the end of that song...

You promised to buy me a box of blue gibbons to tie back my bonnie brown hair lol

Also in another episode there was Dear Old Uncle Butcher Fitzgibbons lol

Heh. I'm reminded of a lady at my last workplace (my boss's wife in fact), a person of emphatically bathykolpian aspect, who had one of those old gOOdies T-shirts, with the "O"s that stretched equally emphatically over that aspect. A sight for sore eyes...

I always use a kettle when shaving at home.
My suburb's water is soft, but I have a a undersink filter in the kitchen, to give me sweet drinking water etc, so use this tap to fill the kettle.
I use some hot water to bloom the soap, and fill two D.R. Harris Bowls with hot water; one to soak the brush, and one to warm the razor prior to use. Once I have completed the shave and thoroughly rinsed the brush with tap water, I load, then flick dry the remaining water from the large bowl - my brushes typically drink this up in three cycles. It is then good to place on a stand to air dry. Triple rinsing comes second nature to me.

8Q9hKTz.jpg