• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rusty Bridges

Owns a betacord/betamax
A good friend and I in coordination with Lambda Razors have been discussing the possibility for the community to trial at least one razor (Likely the Ares at this point) on a pass-around.

At this point I am just trying to gather how many people would genuinely be interested in being a part of this trial and like to see it happen.
The details have not been figured out quite yet but that is something we can figure out later if we get enough interest.

For what it is worth this is an excellent razor and a great opportunity if I can make this happen.
Sadly this pass-around would be limited to those of you that live in Australia only as postage will likely be too expensive and not be very time efficient.

Please feel free to post any questions or concerns here.
Thank you.

Below is a link to a Excellent review by our very open @Errol

Lambda Ares v2

Ares-v2-6a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not interested, but thought it worth mentioning that couriering a razor (~200g) to Oz from NZ is only 30 AUD with a promised delivery time of 5 working days.

Just a note that including Kiwis is not an insurmountable hurdle. Certainly, if I was a DE shaver, I'd stump up that much (paying both ways) to try a premium razor like this... :)

I'm not interested, but thought it worth mentioning that couriering a razor (~200g) to Oz from NZ is only 30 AUD with a promised delivery time of 5 working days.

Just a note that including Kiwis is not an insurmountable hurdle. Certainly, if I was a DE shaver, I'd stump up that much (paying both ways) to try a premium razor like this... :)

Interesting and thank you for the information.
If people are willing to pay the costs to try the razor then I do not see any huge problem. I have never handled a pass-around at all but would like people to experience this razor.
It is one of my favourite razors to be honest.

Thank you for the advice and information.

It’s certainly an interesting offering. I would be curious what others think of its performance, I have always been kinda ambivalent on the Gillette style three piece open comb as far as the shave goes, don’t get me wrong they work but are a bit less refined I guess..
Aesthetically it does nothing for me but that’s a secondary consideration,
I guess the question is, is the theta worth the price delta between this and an old

Although I'm not super active on here I would love to sample a premium razor to see how they compare to my current Gillette vintages.

PS, the link to Errols review isn't working

Yeah, I love mine, a beautiful razor. @Errol 's Review sum's it up pretty well. I like to get mine out for the Sunday drive (shave) but it's not my smoothest razor so I wouldn't use it as a daily driver.
This pass around is certainly a unique opportunity to try a very nice razor.

@Rusty Bridges - well done on this initiative.
I am tempted, but I know from experience that my skin does not respond well to OC razors, so I will sit this one out.
A very cool looking razor.

A good friend and I in coordination with Lambda Razors have been discussing the possibility for the community to trial at least one razor (Likely the Ares at this point) on a pass-around.

At this point I am just trying to gather how many people would genuinely be interested in being a part of this trial and like to see it happen.
The details have not been figured out quite yet but that is something we can figure out later if we get enough interest.

For what it is worth this is an excellent razor and a great opportunity if I can make this happen.
Sadly this pass-around would be limited to those of you that live in Australia only as postage will likely be too expensive and not be very time efficient.

Please feel free to post any questions or concerns here.
Thank you.

Below is a link to a Excellent review by our very open @Errol

Lambda Ares v2
Very generous offer @Rusty Bridges so great work!
Wowzers what a generous offer @Rusty Bridges, well done!

I'd be very keen if you manage to get the numbers up as P&C have had previous razor pass arounds that were successful with users paying for insured postage and following 'set rules - e.g. sanatising the razor, etc.