Lemon Scented Brotherhood of ARKO!

SmallYetDeadly

Brotherhood of Fanbois
Toilet Cleaner? Urinal Cakes? What is this heresy?!?

This classic Turkish shave soap is clearly redolent with the smell of victory. The fine scent worn by Kemal Ataturk as he manfully wrestled a hodge-podge of Australian and New Zealand upstarts (better men than you or I no doubt) off his peninsula and back into the sea.

I call upon those fine pogonotomists among us to put aside past differences and embrace this finest of additions to the shaving world. I know some are already paid up members of the ARKO! brotherhood but some sceptics remain...precariously entrenched in their views upon the hillside of doubt.

I will share my tips on how to send your ARKO! lather "Over the top"

1) Use enough product. ARKO! is such a generous soap that it readily builds to a voluminous lather with minimal soap input. However...too little soap makes it impossible to add enough water to get adequate glide to go with the cushion. Too little soap is evidenced by a canned foam type texture that is too dry for good shaving and collapses in the face of additional water.

2) Use enough water. You got to get past the thick and dry stage. Trying to shave with lather like this is setting up for failure. When you have adequate soap ARKO! is thirsty and will take up plenty of water and reward you with excellent glide and cushion.

Seems like basic stuff I know but that instant explosion of lather with the arko can throw you off.

Oh my god! We've got our very own version of Marco. The SYD Method of ARKO Lathering (SMAL). Just tell us you're Italian and we'll all bow down in a sycophantic frenzy with tears streaming down our faces.

I'm with you by the way. I like ARKO. No issues with the scent. Just a nice citrusy jobbie.

IMG_20130107_143152.jpg

:cool:

Excellent work lads. A little Arko in my hair a comb and I will be a remarkable facsimile of the handsome gent on the packaging!

You people are sick.

I tried it and it was ok. The scent was strong, but I thought I could get used to it if it shaved ok.

Then the missus asked if the cat had pissed in the bathroom again and started sniffing at the bath mat, and it quietly fell into the bin shortly after...

Samples of cat piss and arko enroute to help educate the wife in the difference between citrus sublime and cat refined!

No charge for the service at this stage Drubs.

(No smileys in deference to the target audience)

You people are sick.

I tried it and it was ok. The scent was strong, but I thought I could get used to it if it shaved ok.

Then the missus asked if the cat had pissed in the bathroom again and started sniffing at the bath mat, and it quietly fell into the bin shortly after...

As a microbiologist I suspect your missus has spent way too much time in organics laboratories. That'll bugger up anybody's olfactory senses..

Last edited:
Tried Arko once. Was very impressed with the lather and the whole shave experience. Three weeks later when my nose hair grew back I was back to normal....

What is this 'brotherhood' nonsense?

Just letting you know that if there is more 'brotherhood' talk around here I'm gone :mad:

Haha, Mark isn't happy!

I'm not sure that 'Brotherhood' is the right term anyway. Sounds too much like a YKW thing.

Brotherhood...YKW...I am disgusted

Brotherhood as in you disagree with me and I grab you in a headlock and give you noogies!

...........Brotherhood as in you disagree with me and I grab you in a headlock and give you noogies!

Yes it does conjure up those images and a few male prison activities and it is used ad nauseum over at YKW but I forgive you SYD. You are a lot taller than me! And I've just dug out the ARKO for a prolonged spell of citrus based shaving fun. My bathroom mat smells just dandy by the way.

Last edited:
If brotherhood is out of favour perhaps we could be ARKO!naughts?

Instead of a golden fleece we could search for a quadruple plated gold double ring? That might get Mark on board :laugh:

Well done guys!

I think that word is banned here now?

Had a great shave with ARKO today. What I like about it is the fact that, more than with most soaps/creams I've used, you get a lovely whiff of citrus for hours afterwards.