Not open for further replies.

~Spyne~

My turn to kick off:

An excellent condition O2 (1969) Super Adjustable (Black Beauty):
IMG_20130504_171118 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20130504_171223 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20130504_171540 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20130504_171743 (Custom).jpg

Just need to buy a small pot of black paint to fill in the numbers - I already have a pot of red paint, but think original black will look better in the end.

That's a nice looking brush mate.

All I have incoming this month is non-shaving related.
Just picked up two Galaxy S4's, some cufflinks and some 64Gb class 10 micro sd cards.
Yep...no shaving gear.

The cousin of Spyne's brush came over my fence today.

fsmanchurianfinest.jpg

This is a Frank Shaving Manchurian Finest Badger brush, with a 20mm knot set at a loft of 47mm. It was had for a piddly sum from eBay and was labelled as "defective handle". The handle is flawless to my eye. I don't expect this to resemble anything like Simpson Manchurian hair, it looks like budget two-band. It's a bit scritchy rubbing it on the hand, but it's got good backbone. Density looks to be average at best, but it's a small knot and will probably handle soft soaps. The knot is a little scruffy with a few protruding hairs, but with no obvious defects. The acrylic handle is surprisingly hefty, I suspect they've put something in the bottom to add weight. If nothing else, I have a new toy to play around with and a decent handle for a re-knot.

If anyone is interested, they also have a few of the Frank Shaving synthetics for fairly cheap in auctions. Seems like this guy is mostly selling factory seconds, but my brush has no obvious problems other than a tiny splodge next to the FS logo. I'll have a shave with it tomorrow and see how it goes.

I have one of these as my main brush, the only other being a very cheap $4 omega boar from Singapore.

I think my total expenditure on brushes is somewhere shy of $25 and that includes the Coles piece of crap I bought before I knew any better.

/edit I am lying, my finest badger brush cost a bit more than I thought and is the one in the attached pic

$T2eC16RHJHYE9nzpdUZdBROb(ZLewg~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:
That looks a good deal bigger than mine and possibly more dense too. How do you like it? Does it get along with soaps at all? I'm afraid this will get very floppy.

That looks a good deal bigger than mine and possibly more dense too. How do you like it? Does it get along with soaps at all? I'm afraid this will get very floppy.

I've barely used any soaps to be able to comment, and only have the omega to compare with. I've not had a lot of luck with either brush when I have attempted to use hard soaps, and had just come to the conclusion that I was happy enough just using creams and the La Toja soap stick.

I've still not managed to finish my first proraso tube yet, so am in no rush to add more to the bag of never to be seen again shaving accessories.

As it turns out, my FS brush is pretty floppy so I don't think it'll excel with the hard soaps either. It did nicely with the Arko! tub last night though, very soft and luxurious on the face. Not very dense, so it took a bit of elbow grease to get the lather going.

Today was a happy day, as my parents returned from Italy last night. I sent them with a list of things to buy, and the old fella did well for both himself and for me. This is my haul, with a few shared items:

italyhaul.jpg

We're going to share the Cella and TOBS Eton A/S. Pretty happy about all this! Has anyone heard of Gillette Minora blades?

So, my wife and I are due to welcome mr626 Junior into the world later this year. Naturally I wanted to have some nice shaving hardware to put aside for him, ready to pass on when the time comes (although I had this idea on my own, I'm happy to credit Mark with inspiring me to actually go ahead with this via his own thread

Thanks to a seller unwilling to post overseas, I had success :)

Gillette Safety Razor IN Case With Razor Holder Excellent Example Condition | eBay

Will post better pics once I get it.

As promised:

This is exactly as I received it (other than the used Gillette Blue blade that was in it). Won't need much cleaning up at all :)

In a general ebay not received my item query (as it isn't shaving related)...

I bought a shirt off ebay, and it hasn't arrived. Tracking only goes as far as it leaving the US, and I can see no further. The 6 weeks is up tonight so I have to lodge a paypal dispute today if I am going to. I have raised it with the seller, who is "looking into the tracking" , so my question is, would you raise a paypal dispute or give them time to fix it with the risk I get nothing back?

In a general ebay not received my item query (as it isn't shaving related)...

I bought a shirt off ebay, and it hasn't arrived. Tracking only goes as far as it leaving the US, and I can see no further. The 6 weeks is up tonight so I have to lodge a paypal dispute today if I am going to. I have raised it with the seller, who is "looking into the tracking" , so my question is, would you raise a paypal dispute or give them time to fix it with the risk I get nothing back?

YES!

Lodge the dispute before the deadline - you can indicate you are still working with the seller and there is more time before you can escalate from memory anyway. if you don't lodge before the deadline you lose the ability too.

I told the seller of the Schicks (RIP) that I was going to lodge a dispute but only because the deadline was running out and that I would wait a little further before escalating - he just refunded. Others have come back with an offer and in one case it arrived the day after - I just withdrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.