May 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalex

Its here! Didn't take long at all, I'm extremely happy with that! Super well packed, finding G&C will not be good for my wallet.

OU6ycONh.jpg

Its here! Didn't take long at all, I'm extremely happy with that! Super well packed, finding G&C will not be good for my wallet.

OU6ycONh.jpg
Wow! Super impressive buy!
Group buy or just setting yourself up for life? [emoji13]
Those Myrsol bottles look great. [emoji106]
(You didn't buy the Electric huh?)

That is an INCREDIBLE buy and great way to start the thread for the month! Well done @jalex

Hard to live up to ...

... so I will not try BUT

A nice lunch and catch up with @stillshunter comes with some additional benefits - the delivery of purchases!

The Roam by @Barrister & Mann is a VERY interesting scent. Dropping a little water on top to tease it out produced a cacophony of scents which are hard to pin down.

Will describes it on the website as -

'Inspired by the rugged individualism of American cattle ranchers, we blended the aromas of real pipe tobacco absolute, smoke, leather, herbs, damp earth, and grass into a bright, robust scent reminiscent of life on the open range. Timeless and virile, Roam harkens back to the days of the Old West.'

I'm hoping that it makes me 'timeless and virile' but we shall see on use :)

I don't think anybody else ordered this so will take a sample for PCTB3 before use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Piggy finally arrived - still waiting on my horse from G&C - was send out on the 8th.April and tracking still says being delivered to country. How long did your G&C orders take?

Semogue601_ArrivedS_zpsv74izvjl.jpg

... so I will not try BUT

A nice lunch and catch up with @stillshunter comes with some additional benefits - the delivery of purchases!

The Roam by @Barrister & Mann is a VERY interesting scent. Dropping a little water on top to tease it out produced a cacophony of scents which are hard to pin down.

Will describes it on the website as -

'Inspired by the rugged individualism of American cattle ranchers, we blended the aromas of real pipe tobacco absolute, smoke, leather, herbs, damp earth, and grass into a bright, robust scent reminiscent of life on the open range. Timeless and virile, Roam harkens back to the days of the Old West.'

I'm hoping that it makes me 'timeless and virile' but we shall see on use :)

I don't think anybody else ordered this so will take a sample for PCTB3 before use.

They forgot to mention the unmissable aroma of cattle dung drying in the sun. Oh, and by the way @Mark1966, you are a Beancounter therefore 'timeless and virile' is completely beyond your scope. :)

Wow! Super impressive buy!
Group buy or just setting yourself up for life? [emoji13]
Those Myrsol bottles look great. [emoji106]
(You didn't buy the Electric huh?)
For life ;). I checked put the ingredients list Electric didn't seem appealing.

Piggy finally arrived - still waiting on my horse from G&C - was send out on the 8th.April and tracking still says being delivered to country. How long did your G&C orders take?
This lot was dispatched on the 20th.

OU6ycONh.jpg

Absolutely superb, let us know how you get on with them.

I, too, will be giving the Electric a miss when I complete my Myrsol set.

Impressive haul. Don't disclose your address to anyone here!

You could get a Kyovu AS in the Roam scent..... hint hint

Hint taken - although I might regret it ...

Wife and daughters smelt the Roam - PineTarsol is the smell they reckon!

Maybe it is different on the face. You will get to find out for yourself if you participate in PCTB3 -

Sample taken out before use (and sample of the Stirling Black Cherry transferred to smaller container ...

Hope it smells as good as it sounds.

Hint taken - although I might regret it ...

Wife and daughters smelt the Roam - PineTarsol is the smell they reckon!

Maybe it is different on the face. You will get to find out for yourself if you participate in PCTB3 -

Sample taken out before use (and sample of the Stirling Black Cherry transferred to smaller container ...
Yep the Roam was certainly 'interesting'.

That Stirling looks as good as it smells and I'm quite adverse to anise based scents as a generalisation!
Looks like the interior of a cherry ripe.

Black cherry didn't smell like it had anise in it to me.
That said, I wasn't keen on the scent at all and was happy to pass it on untouched.

Finally got my first set of gear a few weeks ago! It had been a month since I'd last shaved by the time it got here though so yeh... I've decided to let it grow for the winter like I usually do :p

So I have this nice new array of gear, that I've yet to use, and it'll be a few months before I start my wet shaving adventure... sure looks good sitting on the shelf though (y)

Finally got my first set of gear a few weeks ago! It had been a month since I'd last shaved by the time it got here though so yeh... I've decided to let it grow for the winter like I usually do :p

So I have this nice new array of gear, that I've yet to use, and it'll be a few months before I start my wet shaving adventure... sure looks good sitting on the shelf though (y)
Post a pic or it doesn't exist... [emoji6]

Congrats on the acquisition and so we'll see you after hibernation.

Status
Not open for further replies.