Merkur Vision- Service From Dovo

boldsworth

I enjoy my Merkur Vision. It is the size of a hammer but not indestructible it seems. Somehow i managed to break an integral part when i took it apart for routine cleaning. Not expecting a positive outcome i fired off an email and a couple of photos to Dovo who are now responsible for Merkur. I was half expecting not to get a reply but received an email the following day saying a new part would be immediately sent to me, no questions asked, no proof of purchase or anything, no cost to me.
Today it arrived from Germany exactly 2 weeks later. Sadly such good customer service is rare these days, especially from big companies so i think it should be acknowledged when it happens. Definitely pays to ask too as i thought id have to throw the razor in the bin.
Does anyone have a good way of cleaning these?
Now to very carefully put the bugger back together.......
UBn6v1j.jpg

Merkur are very quick at sending replacement parts free of charge (they replaced my faulty top caps twice).

But if you approach then regarding quality control issues and warranty replacement, they truly suck.

I had sent photos of a brand new progress with uneven blade bed causing a freaky looking slant and they basically said it looks fine and would likely not be replaced under warranty.
Luckily Connaught shaving sorted the matter out for me.

So whilst I love the progress razor, 3 out of 7 with major qc issues has turned me off merkur.

(I still have and love my 3 progress razors)