Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
According to the ABS life tables I have 33 years, or around 12,045 shaves excluding leap years, left - lets just roughly say 12,000.

At, say, 10 shaves per blades I NEED 1,200 vintage blades if I’m just going to look after myself with no margin for error or legacy for my son.

Now my son is only 15 but lets say that from when he turns 18 he will have say, 67 years left so around 24,000 shaves. He would need roughly 2,400 vintage blades

That is 3,600 so far.

I also think I might need a few more for gifts, provision for the odd dud blade etc. Lets round that up to approximately 4,000 vintage blades.

Any future potential grandchildren will be on their own/using some new fangled technology that hasn't been invented yet - not thinking a 24 blade cartridge system here either BTW.

I'd better go and count my stash as I don't think I have enough blades. I might be forced to buy some modern ones, at twice the rate of vintage ones at least given the shorted life, to fill the gap.

Clearly one cannot have too many blade huh @Monsta_AU !

According to the ABS life tables I have 33 years, or around 12,045 shaves excluding leap years, left - lets just roughly say 12,000.

At, say, 10 shaves per blades I NEED 1,200 vintage blades if I’m just going to look after myself with no margin for error or legacy for my son.

Now my son is only 15 but lets say that from when he turns 18 he will have say, 67 years left so around 24,000 shaves. He would need roughly 2,400 vintage blades

That is 3,600 so far.

I also think I might need a few more for gifts, provision for the odd dud blade etc. Lets round that up to approximately 4,000 vintage blades.

Any future potential grandchildren will be on their own/using some new fangled technology that hasn't been invented yet - not thinking a 24 blade cartridge system here either BTW.

I'd better go and count my stash as I don't think I have enough blades. I might be forced to buy some modern ones, at twice the rate of vintage ones at least given the shorted life, to fill the gap.

Clearly one cannot have too many blade huh @Monsta_AU !
You accountants have either not enough to count or too much time on your hands...

You accountants have either not enough to count or too much time on your hands...

Or will be VERY prepared for the Shavepocalypse