Movember

And I'd have probably turned into a hipster too, in which case I would have to shoot myself.

And I'd have probably turned into a hipster too, in which case I would have to shoot myself.

If you do egg can you send your jermyn street my way first? Promise I'll come to the funeral

@JugV2 nailed my sentiments EXACTLY. In tribute come December 1 I'll start on this….

iu

I've got a mo already. For it to make any sense to me me it would have to start off as nomovember leading to removember. It's basically from a mo wearer's point of view a complete nonsensical crock of shit. So my answer is no. I'll give the poor deluded sods some money. It's meant to be for a charity after all.

Just make sure you don't sign up for the slightly less well known and much less popular "removemember" event @Pjotr!
"remove-member"? Ahhhh…are we talking the powers @Monsta_AU has over us all on here or the power Lorena Bobbitt exercised upon John Wayne?

Last edited:
I'd say trim it back with the clippers. In fact I would do that for two days in a row, then shave on the third day.

Your regrowth rates will be slower, so shaving immediately will be inviting ingrowns, rashes and all sorts of nasty. Let the skin see some light & cleansing, let the follicles get used to growing again and sport the 'designer stubble' for a couple of days.

@Monsta_AU is on the money
Your facial hair slows down when you sport a beard.
The oils released also change.
So you have to take this into consideration when changing from facial hair to smooth and accommodate the time it requires to change.

I'd suggest trim it, trim closer the next day, then a wtg shave, before cracking into old routines :)

OK, its near the end of Movember, I've raised $400.00 + dollars (I know, big deal!).

Now to take the mo off, what do you recommend. Hitting it with electric clippers then one of my DE's?

Or, just feed the R41?

Straight off in 8 seconds with a straight! Five strokes should remove that cookie duster

Facial hair slows down? Sounds like an old wives tale to me :s

If you have clippers you may as well knock it back some before shaving. A DE won't have any trouble taking it off but it will be a bit messy IME

Facial hair slows down? Sounds like an old wives tale to me...........

I was thinking the same. Conversely I used to swear blind that shaving speeds your facial hair growth up only to find out that there was no truth in that one either.

Anyhow why are we talking about mustaches here? Go and join some obscure facial hair grooming site.

Facial hair slows down? Sounds like an old wives tale to me :s

I have found that if I shave every day (and I have tried it) that my evening stubble is noticeably longer than if I only shave every second day. Takes a few weeks to build up to that level but after a while I notice it.

I know is that even after two weeks of not shaving (2 week camping trip, and one overseas trip), if I don't hit it with my styling clippers back to the designer stubble & leave for 24 hours then I get all sorts of issues - ingrowns, breakouts etc. It could be skin oils, lack of light on the skin, not as much exfoliation or cleansing.... but if you haven't shaved an area for a while then it is best to reduce it first.

I have found that if I shave every day (and I have tried it) that my evening stubble is noticeably longer than if I only shave every second day. Takes a few weeks to build up to that level but after a while I notice it.........

I think you'll find that that's more to do with the fact that if you're taking a layer of skin off more regularly it'll result in a different feel and even the appearance of your stubble will look more pronounced. The initial angle also changes and becomes more perpendicular and more like sand paper. I once posted the more shave/more hair growth hypothesis over at B&B and got half a dozen doctors and people with PHDs in dermatology correcting me on that.

It's similar to the old wives tale that your facial hair will keep growing for a few days after death. That is due to the skin retracting.

It's similar to the old wives tale that your facial hair will keep growing for a few days after death. That is due to the skin retracting.
Cool. Now I need to get me a "death razor". Just for shaving after death...
Although it may be a little freaky for the person shaving me. Hmmm... Perhaps a job for the undertaker? Do they shave corpses? Where is @Gravediggaz when you need him?!