Muhle 21mm STF splay

Exactly. I always knew you had exquisite taste @Drubbing . Talking of Dr Who and to shoot this thread completely in to off topic oblivion, I prefer the latest crop of Dr Whos, particularly the current one who's finally managed to shrug off the somewhat annoying cartoon character acting that dogged so many of them in my view. But then again I'm not a dedicated Whovian.

Yes, Dr Who slipped into a cartoon parody wasteland for many years after Tom Baker started it... It shark jumped with McCoy and the other dickhead after him.

I've kind of outgrown anything SF, but the new iteration has better production values (not hard, some of the old villians were little more than tinfoil covered cardboard and double sided tape). The stories are far darker and often more cryptic. Girls are hotter too.

Except Sarah Jane and Peri. Hubba Hubba

Lalla Ward married Richard Dawkins too. Obviously had a thing for Doctors...

Hey everyone

I got a muhle 21mm STF knot today and fit it into my kosmo handle. I have already had my first shave.

I was a little disappointed with the splay. I found that the only way I could build a lather was to paint it vigorously over my face. If I pushed it hard enough to make it splay, it just moved the lather over my face, leaving behind unlathered skin.

So, will this brush break in, bloom and give a bit more splay eventually? I otherwise liked the brush: very soft, but string backbone.

Matt

Thanks to the bastards on here, I ended up getting a Body Shop synth on impulse. $11, how could I knot? The BS is probably very similar in spec to a 21mmm Muhle, maybe even a 19mm

If yours is pinched tight, or lacking natural splay in your setting, it's going to be hard to make it splay. These things are pretty rigid.

Given it a run and I think this is a characteristic of Synths. Stupidly soft on the face, but there is a LOT of spring and pushback, and the brush wants to flatten and paint. But I just manned up. Who's in fucking charge here? It still resisted. Perhaps it'll soften over time, but being synthetic I doubt it.

A bigger brush probably maybe won't offer as much resistance.?

But anyway, they're different, and the lather it made was really good (not shaved with it yet). Very creamy and dense, with virtually no bubbles formed in the process. And quick.

Last edited: