Muhle Blades - The new favourite child.

Phunk

After receiving a sample with my Rocca a while back, I loved the shave but thought it might have been a once off and continued with the usual array of blades.

Fast forward a year and grabbed a box or 5 of Muhle blades.

Well...

I'm a guy that has somewhat of a coarse beard yet I also tend to rash up quickly if I go hell for leather on it.

These Muhle blades albeit a bit pricier are absolutely sublime.

The best way I can describe them are they take the best of Green Astra and the best of Black Wilkies in 1 blade.

- They shave so smooth with absolutely little to no irritation.

- They last (for me) a good 3 shaves before I notice any dulling.

- They aren't Feather territory when it comes to culling off the stubble, but having no irritation when going over a 2nd time negates this issue.

- No little weepers and that was using the Rocca R94 which can be a little sketchy if you team it up with something wild (once again, Feather).

- $7 a pack of 10 blades is absolutely worth it for me and readily available in Aus.

For anyone looking for an upgrade from the Green Astra's (I still find them overrated) give these are shot. You won't be disappointed.

For fun, I might throw them in the R41 to see what happens

Last edited:
I enjoy Muhle blades with the Rocca as provide a comfortable and smooth shave. Top 5 for sure but not worthy of the $$$ for bulk as better/cheaper options such as Wizamet or Bic that shave just as good.

So YOU are the guys who like Muhle blades!

Nice to finally find out who there are being mode for - amazing that you are members here.

I'm not sure anybody actually suggest that the Astra Superior Platinum are a great blade, but I'd still suggest them for somebody starting out as I'm yet to be convinced by anyone that they are a bad blade.

I think most people find them acceptable

Been very interesting seeing the replies and love kicking that hornets nest where I can.

As @Gargravarr has said, it is interesting seeing the holy grail for some and how much dislike that same razor gets by others.

I agree, the Muhle are a touch pricier than other options out there but really $7 for a 10 pack isn't bad.

Considering Coles and Woolies has white wilkies for $12!

@Mark1966 sounds like I'm a part of that fan-club, although the Merkur blades are absolutely abysmal for me. Not all brand name blades are great (as I have been slowly learning)

Never agree with my skin in any razors I have in my den

Horses for courses I guess, Astra's are fine but I rash up on them more often than I'd like.. Black Wilkies I don't rash but they take a few passes to shave.

I know there are a vast range of blades to try like Nacet's etc, but I like the convenience of off the shelf blades in Aus

They aren't Feather territory when it comes to culling off the stubble, but having no irritation when going over a 2nd time negates this issue.

I like Cloud blades for that very reason, yet not that many people on here rate them.

I'll be honest, I've never heard of Cloud blades, where are they made and where do you get them from?

They are Chinese.

I was originally given a few for free from Dave at the Wet Shaving Co to try. I wasn't expecting anything too much from them so I was pretty surprised when I found that I really liked them. They don't feel particularly sharp when shaving (not that they tug or anything) but they gave me a closer shave than I thought they would.

DE Razor Blades - Cloud Super Stainless – The Wet Shaving Co

So YOU are the guys who like Muhle blades!

Nice to finally find out who there are being mode for - amazing that you are members here.

I'm not sure anybody actually suggest that the Astra Superior Platinum are a great blade, but I'd still suggest them for somebody starting out as I'm yet to be convinced by anyone that they are a bad blade.

I think most people find them acceptable
I'm not sure if its just me but ever since they went to laser printing I've noticed QC issues as it seems every second blade shaves a bit harsh...?

Of the two variants I enjoy the Blues more as a smoother shave and agree that a good recommendation for newbies to the hobby as a solid mid-range blade that's affordable when compared to carts.

I'm not sure if its just me but ever since they went to laser printing I've noticed QC issues as it seems every second blade shaves a bit harsh...?

Of the two variants I enjoy the Blues more as a smoother shave and agree that a good recommendation for newbies to the hobby as a solid mid-range blade that's affordable when compared to carts.
Never has any issue with Astra Green and Blue, sometimes you might get a bad batch of blades.

Will have to give these a go, have three of them I got with my Rocca's :) but I would doubt I'd pay $7 for 10 blades.. like @Razor Burn said the rocca is amazing with a wizamet (approx 30c per blade) and with a Bic (aprox 12c a blade) are my two favourites in the rocca by far and will take a lot to knock them off as #1

Will have to give these a go, have three of them I got with my Rocca's :) but I would doubt I'd pay $7 for 10 blades.. like @Razor Burn said the rocca is amazing with a wizamet (approx 30c per blade) and with a Bic (aprox 12c a blade) are my two favourites in the rocca by far and will take a lot to knock them off as #1

I'm keen to see how you go

Never agree with my skin in any razors I have in my den
Tried removing that 20 foot pole you're using as a handle?
Might find they shave better with the normal handle mate ;)