My first brush

JugV2

Simply boring.
My first brush is a Semogue 830, recommended by razormonsta, and let me tell ya, a great bit of advice.

I've had it a few weeks now, a month in fact, and it is loading up nicely and spreads over the face really well.

The tips need more softening an I am thinking another month and it will be closer to perfection.

It had no smell or animal odour when I got it, which I have heard is something a lot of brushes tend to have.

So I am pleased I didn't have to deodorise the brush.

I haven't had a Semogue yet that need unfunking. They treat the bristles and talc them, so they should only need a wash trough to get rid of it. It does seem to happen more with Omegas.

Yep. I've not tried an Omega, but I am sure that eventually I will.

This DE shaving lark is like crack. I keep thinking that I won't buy more but then...just one more, man, one more lot of cream...one more pack of blades.

I have now accepted I am an addict.

You'll slow down. There's only so much to try, often all the really popular stuff that people talk about all the time. I tried a few hard triple milled soaps before I found I didn't like any of them. Trumpers Rose already died a quick death as shower soap. Not very good at that either.

But you probably need more brushes...

So you're saying I need to buy more brushes - message received!

lol

I wondered about the Trumpers, but yeah not ready for soaps yet, I am still quite new to this so more creams for me first.

Using a Semogue 1520 as my first brush atm, didnt have 830's in stock when i ordered, so thought i'd give it a burl, very slowly starting to break in, almost 2 weeks in wet shaving, it's a nice strong brush though, really moves my facial hair around quite well :p

My first brush is a Shavemac 177 (went all out. lol)
I'm yet to try a boar brush, although one of these days I'm sure to pick up a Semogue (just to see what all the fuss is about. lol)

I think my brush is now truly broken in.

IMG_1746.jpg

Slightly blurry pic but hopefully it shows the bristles nicely.

It is holding a ton of lather now.

This is a pic of after three passes and loading the brush up with everything left in the bowl, then squeezing it out between my thumb and forefinger:

IMG_1748.jpg

I am uber happy.