My future SOTD

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG
We have an amazing talent on our forum - @Robbie d.

At our Adelaide get together Rob introduced his latest forging work. A prototype of an up coming symmetrical Kamisori style blade. The distinguishing feature is the pure artistry Rob has an artisan craftsman with the Damascus steel.

My image is only a phone image but should convey something of the beauty of this razor.

Blade 15 mm x 50 mm
Handle 132 mm
Full razor length 186 mm

I will post a shave soon.

Where do we sign up for orders?!? [emoji6]

Absolutely beautiful steel!

Where do we sign up for orders?!?
emoji6.png

:) I can't speak for @Robbie d but I'm hoping we can order in the near future. In my hands the steel is really wonderful.

He is a trained knife maker - not a hobbyist.

Maybe that didn't come across right. I meant is it his day job, or is making knives a side line. I wasn't suggesting they were inferior, just curious as to whether it takes up his whole day or something he squeezes in after hours.

As to the blade, I am lead to believe the steel is folded, flattened, folded, flattened etc. Are the lines seen on the steel the edges of these layers or something cosmetic?

WOW - a thing of beauty!

Fuck me thats beautiful!
A leather wrap on the handle and you're set.

Hi folks, sorry it's taken a while to get around to finding this thread, the work has been busy on the leather side, so not much time to make more of these.
Thanks for the nice comments though, it encourages me to do more. I have around 7 pieces of stock waiting to be transformed into Kamis or traditional straights, it's just a matter of finishing my paid orders before I can have a play.

Amazing @Robbie d! After looking on your blog, I was just about to come here and ask for an update as I have on your other thread.