Need a complete list of double edge blade brand that doesn't have any glue or wax dots

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day ;)

My brother has ask me for a complete list of double edge blade brand that doesn't have any glue or wax dots on the blade, do any of you guys know a complete list of double edge blade brand that doesn't have any glue or wax dots on the blade.

So far the only brand know that doesn't have any glue or wax dots on the blade which are

1. Ladas Super Stainless
2. German Wilkinson Sword
3. Personna Lab Blue
4. Voskhods

Cheers ;)(y)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't have a blade spreadsheet and after I found Voskhods & Ladas my interest in other blades quickly faded...

I think Kai's could be added?

I'm just trying to think.... who's video I was watching the other day and they said about the wax dots and an easy quick way to get them off....

See having the wax dots stops the blade moving in the paper and have the edge touch, dullling it in transport. Buying one without wax is buying an inferior product to me.

I think a quick rinse under the hot tap should see them off the blade in no time.

The hot water used to rinse the blade causes the tiny metal molecules in the blade to expand making the razor blade dull after only three shaves, cold water on the other hand causes the molecules to contract giving the blade a better edge and longer life up to 5 or more shaves per blade.

The hot water used to rinse the blade causes the tiny metal molecules in the blade to expand making the razor blade dull after only three shaves, cold water on the other hand causes the molecules to contract giving the blade a better edge and longer life up to 5 or more shaves per blade.

I call urban legend on this one. Yes, metal expands with heat and contracts with cold, but rinsing your razor in hot water is going to have far less impact on the blade than mowing down your whiskers. Not to mention the blade is thin and will cool rapidly in any case, so will return close to room temperature in a few moments.

Also the actual expansion will be minute - I can't be arsed finding the expansion coefficients to try and estimate it, but it's probably less than 2mm per metre for a 100 degree temperature rise.

Sorry, but that is simply rubbish!
We're only talking tap water here... 40deg tops and there is no need to go even that hot. You don't need to melt the wax completely, just enough so it slides off. Besides, the alternative is a blade that has been banging around in transit up against the paper wrapping. Pretty sure that is going to damage the edge faster than some warm water.

I never bother with the wax spots, feathers have them and I have never had any issues whatsoever. Any tea stains (Galvanic Corrosion) come off easily in my bi-weekly toothbrush soap water wash that I give the razors. I also place a fine coat of mineral oil underside of the base plate and cap.

I call urban legend on this one. Yes, metal expands with heat and contracts with cold, but rinsing your razor in hot water is going to have far less impact on the blade than mowing down your whiskers. Not to mention the blade is thin and will cool rapidly in any case, so will return close to room temperature in a few moments.

Also the actual expansion will be minute - I can't be arsed finding the expansion coefficients to try and estimate it, but it's probably less than 2mm per metre for a 100 degree temperature rise.
+1 (y)

Date 12-10-2016.

Here the complete update list of the blade that doesn't have any glue or wax dots FYI ;)

Kai Stainless
German Wilkinson Sword
Gillette Platinum Plus
Ladas Super Stainless
Personna Lab Blue
Persona Med Preps
Personna Israeli Red
Rapira Platinum Lux
Shark Super Chrome ?? need to redouble check because I've never tried or seen these blade as I'm told they don't have any glue or wax dots
Shark Super Stainless ?? need to redouble check because I've never tried or seen these blade as I'm told they don't have any glue or wax dots
Voskhod

I'm still looking for more so sit tight and IF you find any more please let me know here on this topic

Date 12-10-2016.

Here the complete update list of the blade that doesn't have any glue or wax dots FYI ;)

Kai Stainless
German Wilkinson Sword
Gillette Platinum Plus
Ladas Super Stainless
Personna Lab Blue
Persona Med Preps
Personna Israeli Red
Rapira Platinum Lux
Shark Super Chrome ?? need to redouble check because I've never tried or seen these blade as I'm told they don't have any glue or wax dots
Shark Super Stainless ?? need to redouble check because I've never tried or seen these blade as I'm told they don't have any glue or wax dots
Voskhod

I'm still looking for more so sit tight and IF you find any more please let me know here on this topic

Can I ask why you want the blades without the wax dots ?

Genuinely curious :)

@todras I don't have any issue with double edge showing glue or wax dots, it's my brother who is complaining about it because he's fed up cleaning and removing any left over sticky goo on his safety razor every time he place a new fresh blade. So he came to me for help to chase up all the double edge brand on market that doesn't have any crappy goo on the blades, and you know what @todras my brother has only been wet shaving for at least 6 months now and he's still class himself as a junior wet shaver because he's only looking for short cuts o_O

@todras this is what my brother behaving when he complain about sticky goo on his safety razor
tumblr_inline_odbclvE6gh1qafrh6_500.gif

Last edited:
Let's for a second assume, that this hobby of ours is a lot about personal preference and not about hard facts (am I now a pork chop :D:D:D)

OK, so now let's assume further, that when you are ordering your favourite blades in a pack of 100 - you can order them with or without glue/wax dots - similar to a fan or a bulb knot for a brush.

Same blades, same costs - just with or without glue/wax spots - which one would you choose?

Surely you do have a preference - you might not know it yet, but if you question yourself, you will most likely find out, that you do have a preference.

Now if you have a preference - and there is no option for you to order you favourite blades with or without glue/wax spots - maybe you realise, that your favourite blades would be with/without glue/wax spots and you set out to find them...

Let's for a second assume, that this hobby of ours is a lot about personal preference and not about hard facts (am I now a pork chop

You are a funny man, that gag has some mileage in it yet :D

It is my aspiration to be first on the forum to be awarded the banner of 'Pork Chop' by @Monsta_AU btw.

31 October 2016

Complete list of double edge blade brand that doesn't have any glue or wax dot:-

Crystal
Dorco Prime Platinum
Dorco Stainless
German Wilkinson Sword
Gillette Platinum Plus
Kai Stainless
Ladas Super Stainless
Personna Lab Blue
Persona Med Preps
Personna Israeli Red
Rapira Platinum Lux
Rapira Chrome Super Stainless
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Rockwell ?? - need to redouble check when I get time as I'm told they don't have any glue or wax dots
Shark Super Chrome ?? - need to redouble check when I get time as I'm told they don't have any glue or wax dots
Shark Super Stainless ?? - need to redouble check when I get time as I'm told they don't have any glue or wax dots
Super + Platinum
Voskhod