New from Rockingham WA

Stop driving around with a shark on your damn bullbar already. We all know they are for bulls or at very least, steers.

I am sure a picture of @Mark1966's collection National Gillette Museum and @SydBJW's avalanche of soaps will placate your SWMBO.

Hello everyone. This is my first ever forum. Started DE shaving about 6 months ago. INVESTED a few quid on razors, brushes & soaps. Wife is very concerned about my spending habits and you tube videos on shaving. Next up is a straight razor. Just started researching. Adventure starts here.

FTFY

Welcome mate! You do need to adjust some of your language a little. I'm not sure that 'straight razor' and 'adventure' should be used together for a start - try replacing 'adventure with 'caution'.

You also mentioned that you 'Spent a few quid on razors, brushes & soaps.' and that your wife is 'very concerned' about that. Here is how that conversation needs to be guided -

W: 'Are you buying more [razors/brushes/soaps] again?'

H: 'Darling, you know how much I love you'

W: 'Yes, but what does ...'

H: 'There are no "buts" about it sweetie, you know how much I love you and I want to look nice for you'

W: 'Yes, but ...'

H: 'No honey, I do want to look my best for you, I know it is important that I look and smell nice and I'm just doing this for you'

W: Yes, but ...'

H: 'I have promised to always love you dearest, and this is just one small way I can express that to you'​

See - easy really!

FTFY

Welcome mate! You do need to adjust some of your language a little. I'm not sure that 'straight razor' and 'adventure' should be used together for a start - try replacing 'adventure with 'caution'.

You also mentioned that you 'Spent a few quid on razors, brushes & soaps.' and that your wife is 'very concerned' about that. Here is how that conversation needs to be guided -

W: 'Are you buying more [razors/brushes/soaps] again?'

H: 'Darling, you know how much I love you'

W: 'Yes, but what does ...'

H: 'There are no "buts" about it sweetie, you know how much I love you and I want to look nice for you'

W: 'Yes, but ...'

H: 'No honey, I do want to look my best for you, I know it is important that I look and smell nice and I'm just doing this for you'

W: Yes, but ...'

H: 'I have promised to always love you dearest, and this is just one small way I can express that to you'
See - easy really!

Holy Moses @Mark1966 - do you moonlight as a marriage counsellor, used car salesman or politician?

Holy Moses @Mark1966 - do you moonlight as a marriage counsellor, used car salesman or politician?

Been living in Canberra for just over six years now - it seeps in through the pores ...

Stop driving around with a shark on your damn bullbar already. We all know they are for bulls or at very least, steers.

This is so misinformed. Everyone in Rockingham wears Uggys, gets thrown out of pubs with Sam Worthington and can't get into Kwinana Speedway without full neck tatts.

Welcome and hope you enjoy the journey!

Well...don't keep us in suspense... What's some of this gear of yours? Do you have a favourite line-up?

I'll add my welcome as well. [emoji106] Time to jump into the straight path I think. [emoji6]

Welcome to the insanity.
Hope your stay is long and mutually beneficial :)

OMG @filobiblic, can we quote you on that mate?
I've been shaving with a straight here and there. If you look back into the archives, I posted my beginnings with a straight razor early last year. (I was a factor in getting @stillshunter to pick up and use a straight. [emoji6])

Well...don't keep us in suspense... What's some of this gear of yours? Do you have a favourite line-up?

I'll add my welcome as well.
emoji106.png
Time to jump into the straight path I think.
emoji6.png

I'll add my welcome as well. [emoji106] Time to jump into the straight path I think. [emoji6]
Favourite line up - my newest cream TOBS peppermint, Proraso green post shave cream + a/s, semogue 830, Merkur 34c. Being a Scot I have issues with climate in WA so love the menthol. My other razors are Muhle R41 and Merkur Futur (shiney gold) which I use once a week. I find the Lucky Tiger tonic works well after the R41 has raked my face to shreds.