New Melbourne Member

Benjamin

2018 Sabbatical
Hi all!
I’m from Melbourne. I only got into DE shaving a few months ago.

I had never found a very satisfactory way to shave until now, wet shaving has been a revelation!
I’m still a beginner , but have found that if I take my time with my 3 passes and keep telling myself “don’t put any pressure on the razor” I get a great shave.

Currently I use a Merkur 34HD, some old brush that I don’t know the brand of, Simpsons Peppermint and Rosemary shave cream and I’m loving Polsilver blades.

I’m looking forward to my Semogue 620 brush arriving and trying some different shave soaps and creams in the future.

It’s great to have found a local forum, really appreciate your efforts mod and admin.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Welcome @Benjamin - I am sure you will have a great time here (y)

Welcome to the forum @Benjamin , do you use any soaps other than the Simpsons ?

Thanks @todras ,
the Simpsons is about it at the moment. I've got some Speick soap, but I'm not really that into the scent.
I'm thinking to try Caties Bubbles next.
Any personal recommendations?

Welcome @Benjamin !

Sounds like you are off to a great start - go you!

Hey @Benjamin - welcome! Seems like you've got a great setup. That Simpson's Peppermint & Rosemary is good stuff.
Do you have a go-to aftershave?

Thanks @todras ,
the Simpsons is about it at the moment. I've got some Speick soap, but I'm not really that into the scent.
I'm thinking to try Caties Bubbles next.
Any personal recommendations?

Well I love the Australian artisan soaps and creams, we don't make many in comparison to the Americans but what we do make is absolutely superb. Occams both the original and the crushed lime are personal favourites along with Shaver Heaven soaps and creams. @Anthony the creator of Shaver Heaven soaps is a regular user here too and he is from Melbourne as is Darcy who makes Occams.

@Anthony is selling a lot of his own personal soaps at the moment in the "For Sale" section of the forum, where due to his expertise with soap he can offer some advice or point you in the direction of something new to try. You can see all the soaps he has for sale here

I also like a lot of the American artisan soaps from Barrister & Mann, which can be ordered within Australia from @shavetheman who runs The Stray Whisker online store which is really worth checking out. He stocks a huge range of US and EU artisan soaps along with everything else you could possibly ever need. My two favorites from Barrister and Mann are "Seville" and "Cheshire".

Well I love the Australian artisan soaps and creams, we don't make many in comparison to the Americans but what we do make is absolutely superb. Occams both the original and the crushed lime are personal favourites along with Shaver Heaven soaps and creams. @Anthony the creator of Shaver Heaven soaps is a regular user here too and he is from Melbourne as is Darcy who makes Occams.

@Anthony is selling a lot of his own personal soaps at the moment in the "For Sale" section of the forum, where due to his expertise with soap he can offer some advice or point you in the direction of something new to try. You can see all the soaps he has for sale here

I also like a lot of the American artisan soaps from Barrister & Mann, which can be ordered within Australia from @shavetheman who runs The Stray Whisker online store which is really worth checking out. He stocks a huge range of US and EU artisan soaps along with everything else you could possibly ever need. My two favorites from Barrister and Mann are "Seville" and "Cheshire".
Wow @todras ,
thanks so much for all the info!
I'm checking all those soaps and suppliers out.

I was looking at that Barrister and Mann Seville soap. Will have to try it out sometime.