New Melbourne Member

Wow @todras ,
thanks so much for all the info!
I'm checking all those soaps and suppliers out.

I was looking at that Barrister and Mann Seville soap. Will have to try it out sometime.

Let me know if you would like a sample of both Seville and Cheshire and I will get a couple of samples out to you :)

Hey @filobiblic ,
Currently I just use Witch Hazel then a bit of moisturiser.
I have just been given this stuff http://www.aesop.com/au/skin-care/shave/moroccan-neroli-post-shave-lotion.html
Haven't tried it yet, but I like the scent.
What's your go to?

Great work! I've tried the Aesop Post-Shave lotion from the most recent P&C Travelling Box. It worked well with a nice scent.

Hmmm, I'm spoilt for choice when it comes to post-shave. I too use the witch-hazel, but then apply a few well-massages drops of (currently) jojoba oil to the face. I like to then use a variety of splashes or balms depending on how I feel and what soap I just shaved with. The Myrsols are always a good go-to, but I enjoy Jabonman aftershave milks, the Captains Choice Bay Rum, Barrister & Mann splashes or -most recently- the Chatillon Lux post-shave salves (I blame @todras for that!). There's a lot of noise here about the different Myrsol aftershaves so they be a good one to go for next (unless you wanted a matching splash with your Barrister & Mann!).

Great work! I've tried the Aesop Post-Shave lotion from the most recent P&C Travelling Box. It worked well with a nice scent.

Hmmm, I'm spoilt for choice when it comes to post-shave. I too use the witch-hazel, but then apply a few well-massages drops of (currently) jojoba oil to the face. I like to then use a variety of splashes or balms depending on how I feel and what soap I just shaved with. The Myrsols are always a good go-to, but I enjoy Jabonman aftershave milks, the Captains Choice Bay Rum, Barrister & Mann splashes or -most recently- the Chatillon Lux post-shave salves (I blame @todras for that!). There's a lot of noise here about the different Myrsol aftershaves so they be a good one to go for next (unless you wanted a matching splash with your Barrister & Mann!).
Wow, the whole world of after-shaves looks like another rabbit hole I am yet to explore yet!
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll post when I get something new.

Hi all!
I’m from Melbourne. I only got into DE shaving a few months ago.

I had never found a very satisfactory way to shave until now, wet shaving has been a revelation!
I’m still a beginner , but have found that if I take my time with my 3 passes and keep telling myself “don’t put any pressure on the razor” I get a great shave.

Currently I use a Merkur 34HD, some old brush that I don’t know the brand of, Simpsons Peppermint and Rosemary shave cream and I’m loving Polsilver blades.

I’m looking forward to my Semogue 620 brush arriving and trying some different shave soaps and creams in the future.

It’s great to have found a local forum, really appreciate your efforts mod and admin.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Welcome. Just ordered the same brush myself today.