New to the community

Hi @silver and welcome to P&C. Great to hear you're enjoying your wet shaving experience 3 months in. It certainly is less boring than using an electric shaver. [emoji6]

What are you using for post-shave? Splash? Balms? Colognes?

I use Cold Water during summer and warm water during winter. I use a pre-shave soap and wet face washer (with either cold/warm water depending on the season). Wait until winter hits before you right off using CW only. [emoji6]
I use an alum after the shave, then followed by khiel's calendula toner and Aesop's after shave balm. Currently ordered a Thayer witch hazel, got it from iherb with their $5 off deal.

I find that when I use hot water to heat up my face and all, my face get a little irritated with the soaps and creams. With cold water it's pretty much gone. One thing I noticed tonight is that I had previously been having a hard time loading up the Arlington soap. Swapped to the Dr harris lavender, seems to be that the lavender puck is much softer and easier to load than the arlington. Strange considering they are both from the same brand. I might give shaver hut an email. The edge of the arlington puck has these brown spots. The arlington puck just seems so stiff and hard. [emoji37]

1cd7b270a7640552829e95f04e590511.jpg

The edge of the arlington puck has these brown spots.

1cd7b270a7640552829e95f04e590511.jpg

The brown could be stain leaching into the soap from the finish on the wooden bowl..... I have it real bad on one of my soaps (will get a photo tonight)

Once this soap is finished I plan on strippng back the wood and refinishing with about 5/6 coats of tung oil to see if it' solves the problem

I wonder if the Arlington might be older stock? That could explain difference if it has dried out. Alternatively it could be a reformulated new version - which doesn't work as well.

I wouldn't worry about the stains personally.

Welcome! I can certainly vouch for the SOC. Great brush & the only boar I'll ever need going forward.
I did it! Got the SOC, coming in the mail soonish....

I wonder if the Arlington might be older stock? That could explain difference if it has dried out. Alternatively it could be a reformulated new version - which doesn't work as well.

I wouldn't worry about the stains personally.

Yeap, good to hear that. I'll keep trying to use it, and hopefully it softens a little. =( Really like the lavender soap, was hoping for the same quality, just different scent.

The brown could be stain leaching into the soap from the finish on the wooden bowl..... I have it real bad on one of my soaps (will get a photo tonight)

Once this soap is finished I plan on strippng back the wood and refinishing with about 5/6 coats of tung oil to see if it' solves the problem
Let me know how it goes Scotty. I need to be a little better with my diy works. Been looking at brush displays! Bespoke ones are quite expensive.

Here's the leaching in my wooden bowl.... should've refinished it as soon as I got it!

20kzwhc.jpg

Don't hold your breath waiting on the results, could be another 6 months with the amount of soap still to finish :)

Tung oil will be good though if you're planning a DIY brush stand... Boiled Linseed Oil (BLO) would also give a nice finish. Either of these oil finishes would be good as you can just wipe a little over the wood to give it a freshen-up when it starts to dull over time :)

Here's the leaching in my wooden bowl.... should've refinished it as soon as I got it!

20kzwhc.jpg

Don't hold your breath waiting on the results, could be another 6 months with the amount of soap still to finish :)

Tung oil will be good though if you're planning a DIY brush stand... Boiled Linseed Oil (BLO) would also give a nice finish. Either of these oil finishes would be good as you can just wipe a little over the wood to give it a freshen-up when it starts to dull over time :)
I'll keep an eye out, okay, 6 months that's august 16. Might be longer if you buy some other soaps along the way, which might or might not happen. [emoji13]

Might be longer if you buy some other soaps along the way, which might or might not happen. [emoji13]

Apologies silver, you're 100% spot on..... My Shaver Heaven order was waiting for me when I got home tonight!

Worst comes to the worst I'll start eating the soap to get through it a bit quicker :)

Apologies silver, you're 100% spot on..... My Shaver Heaven order was waiting for me when I got home tonight!

Worst comes to the worst I'll start eating the soap to get through it a bit quicker :)
Hahaha! Let me know how's the shaver heaven soap. Which one did you get? I'm keen with the droco noir one.

That's the one I got :)

smells good, lathers good, feels a lot slicker that the Henry Cavendish I've been using previously. It lathered better on the boar brush than the badger I found.... but my badger is el cheapo from eBay so maybe that explains why.

The Drogon Noir is only my second ever soap so please take my inexperienced opinions with a massive pinch of salt :)

Missed out on Dragon Noir with my last order as it was sold out. Sounds like a great scent.

I've got some but have never gotten around to using it.
I like the scent but am on a menthol run again at the moment.
It might get a look in once the dry season starts, but I might be tempted to swap it.