New tragic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tullfan

2018 Sabbatical
Hello from the Blue Mountains. I have had the illness for 6 months and am currently punishing Proraso green (naturally) EJ 89 Grande Cella ,Nivea sensitive skin cream and my favourite ..... ( drum roll please) Rustic shave soap
I hope to be able to attend the gathering as the child bride sighs and approves.

When I grow up ( ha) she may buy me a Feather .

If I am tardy in communicating it is because the electronic brain is still a mystery to me,my 4 month old granddaughter probably already knows more than me ,anyway cheers to all and I hope to see many of you soon.

Welcome and ignore most everyrhing anyone states, with the exception of myself naturaly.
Dammed trouble makers ;)

If my info is correct, you're about to be in an enviable poaition too.

Welcome @tullfan. You should enjoy your time here. It would be great if you can make the Sydney meet :)

Welcome to this corner of the interwebs @tullfan - glad to have you join in.

Having a grand-daughter means that you would have grown up with a DE initially. Tell us your story about what made you change to disposables and now have seen the light.

Welcome mate. Being from the blue mountains you have an abundant supply of antique shops to keep your razor-acquisition-disorder satiated.

And as @borked alluded to, if you're poison of choice is new and modern, you will also soon be in an extremely enviable spot (and I'm not talking about that overpriced and under stocked "man cave" in Leura). Watch this space...

Hi again and thanks for the welcome.
Yes I started with de and I honestly cannot remember why I turned to the dark side,possibly for convenience and a well rembered aversion to Palmolive shave stick.
I have sensitive skin and remember the problems with de shower shaving,when disposals seemed easier.
As time went on I could never get rid of the razor burn and various neck rashs even going to see a Dermatologist,who suggested I grow a beard
Rash and burns now are ancient history,I guess the availability of quality soaps,brushes etc will see an increase in people changing old habits,I already have a work mate using some soaps I gave him plus a cheap brush I got before my Muhle synthetic.
I am always looking to improve my experience and have just got a Plissson for $50,at L'Occitane, that combined with my Captains Choice bowl and Rustic shave soap...heaven,I have got to stop looking at shave reviews or I will go broke.
Hope to see you at the meet

Welcome tullfan. Who, or what is rustic soap, and where does it come from?

Hey @tullfan . Welcome.
Now that the civilities are done....run, run as fast as you can. Otherwise you risk losing that decent kit within a random tangle of soap, metal, badger hair and balm. Too much stuff to mention.

Last edited:
Hi Eggbert,Rustic Shave Soap,made by Wet Shaving Products ,about 6 ingredients,they claim to be "inspired" by MdC,I don't know or care,but I know it is fantastic.
Nick Shaves has a video,cheers

Hi Eggbert,Rustic Shave Soap,made by Wet Shaving Products ,about 6 ingredients,they claim to be "inspired" by MdC,I don't know or care,but I know it is fantastic.
Nick Shaves has a video,cheers
Lots of other top performing soaps with a simple line-up of ingredients out there mate. Yep WSP, MdC but also Jabonman, Mikes and @bald as soaps. But others like @Barrister & Mann and @Occams have a few more than six, but top shelf extras

Yeah, I am looking to get some Mike's soon but he has sold out of nearly everything. At least when he starts production the soap will be super fresh,but it sells out fast.I have found a problem with soap that have many ingredients,I get allergic reactions, so I am going down the simple,natural path.
I find Cella by itself is great but with Musco Real lime soap ,a deadly combination.

Incidentally,any feedback regarding Washpool Soaperie tallow soap?I have the grooming soap,great as a shampoo block and face soap but not so good as a shave soap.

Incidentally,any feedback regarding Washpool Soaperie tallow soap?I have the grooming soap,great as a shampoo block and face soap but not so good as a shave soap.
@Nightguard and myself have some. @MrT has tried the latest version.

I think I wrote a review a while back but need to check.

It has great post-shave and low scent. Perfect for sensitive shavers and allergies. Not exceptional performance (as in compared to the highest of highs), but very good nonetheless. I think you'd find it quite good.

Thanks for that,I may take the plunge,I am currently favouring the low scent,unscented soaps as I try to isolate any allergens.

Welcome @tullfan ! By the sounds of it you definitely need some Mike's natural...

What are your favourite blades and brushes?

Status
Not open for further replies.